Have You Ever Met A "Celebrity" or Actually See One Face To Face?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

I faked playing tennis with Charlton Heston for an ad campaign for a health resort in Southern California.
    A long time ago.

If you ever lived or grew up in the L.A. area it was not so unusual to meet a tv/movie/music celebrity.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I envy you inbyathread! I absolutely adored Festus when i was little

I sat at a table next to the one where Bill and Melinda Gates were eating at LeoMelina's in Seattle. Mmmm the food there was good

In between sets at a small college bar, Buck Dharma gave me a little pat as he walked by and said, "I like Ren & Stimpy too." LOL I was wearing a R&S t-shirt.

That's about it for this Idaho girl. I still hope to get tijkmo's autograph some day.

~Merry

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I got my picture taken with Dani Filth (of Cradle of Filth) with his arm around my shoulder throwing the metal salute across my chest. My boyfriend and I had special VIP passes to meet the band before the show. My boyfriend has met/had his picture taken with a few other bands including Lacuna Coil and Stolen Babies but I wasn't there for that.

• dawg
    dawg

My claim to fame: I played in the studio with members of collective soul for years before they hit it big...I've met and hung with several celebs...

Andrew Jones-Braves, Bill Elliott-Nascar, on a plane with Pat Boone and Bob Barker, Artimus Pyle Drummer for Lynyrd Skynyrd and I got drunk here in Athens together. When Stevie Nicks was still fine, I was within three feet of her. John Berry-NBA, used to play pick up BB here with me and my college roomate.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Stephen Harper - Prime Minister of Canada

Gary Doer - Premier of Manitoba

Various other Ministers etc for whom I've done sound or technically directed events. Do politicians count? lol

Opened up for Nickelback (they were hammered) and Sass Jordan (still hot) in the 90s bar band days. Good times,...

• loosie
    loosie

I meet John Ritter, Sinbad, and Shirley Lewis.

• loosie
    loosie

I met John Ritter, Sinbad, and Shirley Lewis.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Opened up for Nickelback (they were hammered)

mmmm I have a thing for Chad Kroeger ;p

• loosie
    loosie

I have met John Ritter, Shirley Lewis and Sinbad.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

John Ritter had a beach house 2 doors down from me. He had a very happy golden retriever to keep him company on the beach while the sun set.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit