Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

'We must excercise the amount of free will that we do have'

Honest question Perry: If everything's foreordained, is it possible to have free will?

Edited to add: Good video. :)

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Perry thank you it is so wonderful ...Only the fool can say there is not creator.

Amen sister, Thanks Perry, glad to see some positive threads about God and the wonder of it all, it is easy to suggest there is no God now, but when He finally does decide to speak, I wonder how many will speak so loudly about his non-existance then? It amazes me that so many take out on God for what false representatives have done to them!!!!!!!!!!! Respectfully,abr

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Amen sister, Thanks Perry, glad to see some positive threads about God and the wonder of it all, it is easy to suggest there is no God now, but when He finally does decide to speak, I wonder how many will speak so loudly about his non-existance then?

It's not so much his existence I'll be speaking so loudly of as much as I'll be inquiring........"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!"

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    It's not so much his existence I'll be speaking so loudly of as much as I'll be inquiring........"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!"

We think and speak with such finite minds, are we no different then the generation X that wants everything and I want if now?

Do we lack that much faith that whatever suffering has gone on, personally or globally cannot be undone? As Christ said in Matt 19:26 26 Looking them in the face, Jesus said to them: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Respectfully, abr

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perry:

Whom do they see and whom do they hear? Jesus of course...Whether we see or do not see, it is irrelevant as to our individual identities. While all are sick, only some are blind.

That I do not see your little Jesus, does not mean I am "blind"; in fact, perhaps, just the contrary. What I see is so vast as to not be circumscribed, or defined, and so is unnameable as tiny individual things and objects are named.

That what you see has a name, may mean your vision is astigmatic, at best. Blind to the true treasure you have, you cherish trinkets and mentally engraved images gleemed from a book and which you can hold in your hand.

IMO

j

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

LOL, what's with all the religious people quoting scriptural insults at the atheists? Do you honestly think that an insult from the Bible will hold any more weight than if you just insulted us yourselves?

In the words of Dexter: "You are stooopid! You are stooopid! And do not forget it, you are stooopid!" (See, whether I say it or some fictional guy says it, it's still just an insult.)

but when He finally does decide to speak, I wonder how many will speak so loudly about his non-existance then?

... uh, I won't. That's just silly. If evidence presents itself I'm not afraid to change my mind.

When Aliens come down to sign a peace treaty, I wonder how many of you will speak so loudly about their non-existance. (Note: I don't neccesarily believe in aliens at the moment. But if I see one, I'll most likely change my mind.)

But, IF he does decide to speak that doesn't mean he deserves any worship.

Also: Why are you all ignoring diseases, natural disasters, ugly animals, ugly plants, poison ivy, those flowers that smell like rotten meat, and all the other 'creations' you don't like?

If that stuff didn't exist, and we lived in a beatiful wonderland, free of thorns and rabbid animals, I could almost see why you consider us fools. But we don't live in that world. Stop dreaming about flowery fields and beautiful mountains and look at reality for a few minutes, the world can be an ugly place when it's not taken from the view of a proffesional photographer.

The effects of a brown recluse spider bite. Isn't god horrible?

Warning, you won't like that picture at all. It's gross, worse than that dog I posted a while back. NSFW

Lore

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    uh, I won't. That's just silly. If evidence presents itself I'm not afraid to change my mind.

I am sure most if not all mankind would change their mind then, God isn't asking us to have a change then, but rather a change of heart and mind NOW

abr

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

NO, GOD IS NOT AWESOME!!!!

god is a lazy douche... i wonder why the lego i built is so cool!

the infamous one

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

By the way, I apologize for being so negative in such a positive thread. I saw this thread earlier and decided not to respond since I'd only offend people.

But it didn't take long for the theists to stop 'oohing' and 'ahhing' at the pretty pictures and to start calling us atheists fools. (I thought that would take until AT LEAST page three...)

Lore

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    God isn't asking us to have a change then, but rather a change of heart and mind NOW

Yes, and I'm sure the aliens will be quite thrilled if we already have the treaty written up before they arrive.

Meanwhile let's start stocking up on gold for the leprichauns, and make sure you clap for at least ten minutes a day for the fairies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit