Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Isn't Man, and Woman kind awesome? As for God...the jury's still out....unless you've seen/ talked to him.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Changed my mind.

Folks, whoever is interested, just BOOKMARK THIS THREAD. I will be back to reply to each and every poster on this thread, in the order they posted.

I have read all replies. Each one is EASY (TOO EASY ACTUALLY) to take care of just like all of the ones before have been. No exceptions. I just do not have the time nor desire to reply to 15 or more in one single day any longer, just like yesterday on three different threads.

I will get to each one of them when I have the TIME and feel like it.

This way I can truly ENJOY the processs. Just like I always do. Just not 15 or more in a day. This will be done on my terms from here on out.

Next up:

Little Toe, then Sirona, littlepoppers and on from there in the order of post. Maybe this week, maybe next... but it will happen in detail.

vinny

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Next up:

Little Toe, then Sirona, littlepoppers and on from there in the order of post. Maybe this week, maybe next... but it will happen in detail.

This will not be good for you atheists.

Why Little Toe? Unless he's changed overnight, he is far from being an atheist.

This is why all atheists have silly foolish beliefs.

Do we now? Many thiests I have known believe that because a talking snake got a woman
    to eat a piece of fruit, the whole of mankind became sinners. Personally, I can't see how
    "belief" can get much sillier than that.

dedpoet

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i lasted about 15 seconds

and just a bit longer for the thread

• Undecided
    Undecided

If God really made everything why is there so much that causes suffering, if he is such a good God?

Earthquakes, tornados, volcanos, lightning, hurricanes, so many sicknesses for animals, humans and plant life caused by created viruses, bacteria, parasites etc.???? Everything is not so beautiful on this earth. Old age isn't so much fun either.

Ken P.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I notice that you haven't replied to my last post, that is because you have no argument, other than to repeat the same incorrect beliefs without proof over and over again.

You have had your ass handed to you on a plate, you lose.

Just an aside, your preoccupation with spanking is something you should really discuss with a therapist. Years as a JW can lead to some fairly unusual sexual predilections, which I believe are still illegal in some states.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Holy crap!

This thread is still alive?

Has God posted any responses yet?

Maybe He can help fix Simon's server?

Could you believers make supplication for us?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Could you believers make supplication for us?

I tried to exert myself vigorously as the bible says, but ended up just farting.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good fart and all, but far from divine.

And to Vinny, I noticed you skipped over my posting on the Creationist Lottery. Is that your red corvette that you can't answer?

Here's the link again:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/132394/1.ashx

Now to address your "Red Corvette".

This is inherently flawed. The creation time of a Corvette vehicle is a couple of days by mans hands. Left out in the open, it will corrode and eventually turn to rust within about 70-100 years.

It has no way to reproduce itself or to weather the ages.

You wish to put that up against the universe. The universe is largely resilient and the last theory pegs it at 11.2 - 20 billion years.

Here's the visual:

Evolution's time frame:

11,200,000,000 - 20,000,000,000 years and counting

Vinny's Corvette:

70-100 years max.

How can something evolve when it only has a finite life span without the ability to reproduce? You show remarkable ignorance into the details of evolution. Is your only education based on the bible? Personally, I consider myself equally versed in both the bible and science and feel competent to argue based on it. I enjoy a spirited argument, but only to those that have examined each side of the issue then picked which side they wish to argue. If you only examine one side and accept that as fact, then you might be a Jehovah's Witness. :)

You will see no personal attacks here, so I would appreciate the same tact. Why do you feel the red corvette illustration is viable when it shows no basis of evolving?

If you persist on pounding on that illustration then I offer you an additional challenge. Sitting in the parking lot below me is a black corvette. It's still in pretty good shape, older body style. Would you please prove to me that it was in fact built in a factory and didn't in fact evolve and show up in a field?

Thanks.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Vinny

Really, you are too easy. You rise to the surface like dynamited fish; it is pretty obvious someone as conceited as you will react to even the most modest stimuli, even when you already said how busy you were... I pull the string, up you jump. Silly puppet and his friend parrot boy... the standard of Christotrolls has really gone down of late; you're a signal example of this.

Vinny, you haven't 'done' with atheists. All you do is bleat away without apparently realising your 'argument' regarding the lack of origin of god is fallacious (and that has nothing to do with oral sex, okay?).

There is no point explaining special pleading to you AGAIN; its been done several times by different people, and you either do not want to understand or cannot understand it.

Look you do it again;

All things, from nothing, by fat chances and lots o luck is what atheists all believe.

And the only thing that differentiates your belief in god's origin and atheistic belief in the origin of this Universe is your unsupported claim god is out of space and time. You might evade or ignore or not even understand this, but despite the low opinion you have of your fellow man I assure you most of those reading this can see it all too well and know you for what you are.

You have failed time and time again to respond adequately to this weakness. You have no proof god is out of space and time, and even if you can support this belief using the Bible, the Bible is easily shown to have inaccurate information in it.

So, will you now prove the Bible makes this claim about the nature of god and then prove the Bible is without error?

Or will you carry on making yourself look foolish by not responding to the clear and obvious fault in your argument?

I'm just curious how long you will keep going in this circle, where your ill-founded conceit about your own abilities gets displayed time and time again, and where your absence of any detectable Christian qualities does more for putting people of religion than entire armies of atheists. It's all about showing how clever you are (well, how clever you think you are), isn't it? That's why you just ignore the Bible as regards your personal behaviour. It's nothing to do with obedience to god, it's all to do with making yourself feel big.

Is it possible that you're too dumb to realise you're making a spectacle of yourself? The Dr. Evil routine just makes you look like you're 12 or something... except most 12 year-olds are capable of change, and you, well; the jury is out. But seriously, can you file your posts under 'Christlike behaviour'? Well?

If you respond (other than by repeating your boring fallacious claim), could you please also explain where you were taught that evolution is directed by chance? For someone with such a massive opinion of their own abilities and knowledge you make yourself look foolish on multiple fronts by making claims about evolution that show you to be entirely ignorent as regards its processes.

I have never lost one argument on this subject. NONE. ANYWHERE. ZERO.

Yeah, well I could line up the UFOlogists, Conspiracists, BigFootologists, Nessieologists, Paranormalistis, Literalistic Creationists and others who believe in utter codswallop, yet for reasons to do with cognitive dissonance, lack of critical thinking ability, poor education about the subject they are discussing, gullibility, actual mental disorders or being as dumb as a piled of bricks, ALL believe they have never lost an argument.

So? The opinion of people like that is not worth a lot. From what you've displayed I wouldn't line my chicken coop with your opinion.

Hell, I could show you Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Jains, Animists - and although most would not suffer from your bad attitude, many would be as convinced as you are about how right their beliefs were, and all of their beliefs would have as much evidence as yours, and contradict your beliefs and each others. People thinking they are right means nothing, and as you have yet to prove anything other than you have no love or respect for your fellow man, you thinking you're right means nothing.

The assertion that your excuse for god not having an origin is a logical fallacy can be proven from numerous sources.

I have seen so many atheists get spanked and then RUN AWAY.

If one assumes (as you are doing such a good job of proving it) that your argument is without value, and one sees that you repeat yourself endlessly, I think 'died of boredom' could more accurately replace 'run away'. You're so vain you can't even imagine that people stop responding to threads you are in as you are an egotistical, repetative know-nothing who hasn't the wit or the courage to respond to lethal flaws in their argument.

And when I do come back, guess what abaddon, I will come LOOKING JUST FOR YOU. I will be ready to bury you too and your silly beliefs.

Ah yes, here we see 'Christianity' at work. Keep it up! Please note I use quotation marks round Christian as there are quite a few good people here who identify themselves as Christian, yet actually lack the hypocritical, self-glorifying arrogance and threats you specialize in. I don't seek to insult them or their beliefs, just highlight what a joke you are to claim to be Christian.

Now, will we get more of the same (yawn) or will puppet the Christotroll show that he can play nice in company and defend his argument? I'm mainly curious in your responses to the bits I have highlighted yellow, but you might surprise me and give other responses worth responding to you in a serious tone.

Please note, I am quite happy to treat you with a little more civility, but you treat everyone the same, breaking off only to blame others for your behaviour when you are questioned on it, at which point you say you'll be nicer in the future, only to carry on with exactly the same behaviour. Hypocrite. Until you can play nice, I see no reason to show you respect you do not deserve.

You should be the one turning the other cheek; you're the self-proclaimed Christian, after all. But you being a failure in this respect only adds to the ignominy you heap upon yourself...

... oh, save your fingers over the nasty remarks you can make about me, my Avatar photo, past posts, etc.. I really don't care what an ambulatory joke like you thinks about me, or says about me. It won't bother me, assuming I even bother to read such invective. We all know you think you're great and everyone who disagrees is silly, now address the flaws in youar argument...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Trevor:
    Hillary is correct. I'm just running with his humour. It tickled me

Hillary:

1) No person can prove that something comes from nothing. Simple as that.

True, in fact all natural laws would contradict it, excepting one - the prime cause.

2) BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH is something, but He did not come from nothing as He always existed. Simple as that.

Something evidently has always existed, unless you want to take a Taoist route, which works for me.

3) How do we know that BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH has always existed?

We have no objective way of proving this one way or another.

4) Because BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH inspired a bunch of primitive Middle-Eastern sheep-herders, fishermen and farmers to write a book and in that book BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH states that he always existed. Simple as that.

It seems that every mystic in every generation comes to some variation of this statement. It isn't restricted to just the ancients.

5) If you cannot see the simplicity of this argument, then you are all dullards. Simple as that.

I agree that he is both oversimplifying and over-complicating the issue with little reference to logic. Oftentimes simplicity is good, unless it goes beyond the level that is needed for functionality

6) I win the battle against atheists yet again. With BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH help I have been able to ignore any question that I cannot answer or understand. Simple as that.

Simple, isn't it?

7) Thank you BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH for giving me the strength to face my opposers and win my battles against our enemies again. Simple as that.

Ah, the childlike prayer of [blind] faith!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit