Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Perry, I'm buying you a sense of humour for Christmas.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

the world is pretty awesome, god doesn't exist.

• Perry
    Perry
    Basically, is pretty stuff pretty by it's nature, or is it just a mental thing to humans?

Excellent question. I liked the part in the slide show about how we know beauty when we see it, yet we cannot define it. Simply awesome.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Excellent question. I liked the part in the slide show about how we know beauty when we see it, yet we cannot define it. Simply awesome.

hmmmm. which begs the question: At what point is something no longer beautifull?

If you take a picture of a beautiful woman, every year from the same angle for 70 years, when is she no longer beautiful and in fact ugly?

If you were supposed to pick out THE picture that she is no longer attractive in. I wonder if different people would pick significantly different years?

Lore

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If I had the power to stop little boys and girls from being abused, and did nothing about it, I would not be awesome.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    who pays for your sin?

What sin? Some book tells us we are a sinful asshole and so we wallow in it? That's sick.

When there is no mental commentary of sin, were is this sin? There is none, there is only this precious moment of now. When there is no mental commentary of "I am this thing, or I am that thing", then what are you? You are the precious indescribable conscious moment of now, the only Reality there is.

You are grossly lost in a story created in the mind. Look past the mind and it's beliefs and enter into the truth, actuality and peace of the present moment of being.

Only in your Bible and it's stories -- or better said: only in your mind for believing such stories -- is the Divine and pure nature of your own being so pathetic, as to be absent.

Stop reducing the wholeness of the Christ to a tiny thing far away. Who the hell are you to do that? Shithead!

Allow the perfection of the Christ and the infinity of no beginning and no end that it deserves....and then ponder silently on what that makes you genuinely just beneath all the bullshit lies.

Be still, and know...

j

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thank you jt for giving us something peaceful to ponder.

Deepest respect always!

Nvr

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

The folly of man's imagination................isn't it awesome !

Perhaps the god of natural law is even more awe-inspiring !

• Perry
    Perry
    What sin? Some book tells us we are a sinful asshole and so we wallow in it? That's sick.

What sin? The ones you judged others for that you yourself practice. Oh JamesT! You misunderstood God. You deserve God's wrath for violating His standards, yes. But, that is not what you are in danger of my friend. You are in danger of experiencing the real judgements that you yourself have dealt out and wished upon others who have sinned against you, even though you are guilty of the same crimes. That's how bad the whole damn thing is that we've been handed! We participate in our own destruction. How jacked up is that? Yet, who can deny it's fairness and inherent justice?

Matt 7:2
    For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    Shithead!

This is why we don't need a nifty, slick god.... and why we don't need more cowardly atheism that denies justice and simply promotes a "stick your head in the sand" approach to life that ignores sin. We need a savior not a failure enabler!

• nvrgnbk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit