ALERT: All Child Abuse Lawsuits have been settled. Millions cashed out???

by What-A-Coincidence 229 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• abbagail
    abbagail

Wow, I'm so glad I just happened to stop by here tonight, otherwise I may have missed this serious news, along with the excellent posts by everyone. I share many of the same sentiments, from the one extreme to the other ("mixed emotions").

I thought it had been pretty quiet lately in the abuse/silentlambs camp (no email news alerts for some time, etc.), and I wondered about that... Last mid-October silentlambs had written that "something really big was coming up soon" but that he "couldn't talk about it until it happened," and now I'm guessing this was it (!?)

----------------

I agree that any JWs who hear about it will just buy into the party-line because they are SO WELL TRAINED to do just that -- unless they are already "mentally on the fringes" and some "light" is seeping into their brain beforehand.

----------------

As for Kim Norris, I have no doubt whatsoever about her sincerity. At the March on the WT in 9/2002 she told of the first time she heard of WT abuse from a JW, and she was heartbroken AND incensed at the same time, and she has been on the bandwagon since then. She truly wanted to take that org DOWN from day one, and I believe she learned of WT abuses long before ever knowing about silentlambs (if I remember the time sequence correctly).

---------------

As for settlment, I hope the plaintiffs got "myriads upon myraids" of millions!

I can't say what I would do in a similar situation... I hate STRESS of ALL kinds, can't take it, so a stressful trial would be beyond what I could imagine. "The spirit is eager but the flesh is weak." However, I also am not the sort to be "gagged," so it would be a really tough decision all around. But as Simon said, it's not ours to make, and thankfully so.

---------------

BTW, here's the text of the info about the prior court decision (as described at the silentlambs website) that some were wondering about. The link to the article was mailed out by silentlambs on 10/19/2006...

=====

Love and Norris Cracks Watchtower Pedophile Database!
    http://www.silentlambs.org/courtrulingnapa.htm

Recent decisions in California Courts have ruled in favor of abuse survivors in that state. The Legal Department lawyers of Jehovah’s Witnesses have fought with filing after filing trying to claim “clergy penitent privilege” with information that would lead to the possible conviction or implication of further crimes against children by Jehovah’s Witness child molesters. The secondary issue regards civil damages brought upon victims due to negligence of church officials in not reporting allegations of child abuse putting additional children in danger.

This ruling from the court states simply that the church cannot use “clergy penitent privilege” as a way to protect pedophiles from law enforcement. The ruling further states information stated in judicial hearings of Jehovah’s Witnesses as well as documents generated by those hearings are not “privileged” and will have to be released to the courts as any information that is relevant to the case. In addition, the Legal Department will have to produce all documents related to their abuse policy and how they investigate child abuse allegations. Most importantly the ruling states: “records kept by or under the direction of the Legal Department concerning allegations of abuse,” that directly involves the pedophile database reported by silentlambs in April of 2002. This represents the first official ruling of the court that opens the database for public scrutiny.
    [...]
    Read the rest here: http://www.silentlambs.org/courtrulingnapa.htm

=====

From the above court ruling, I think it's PRETTY OBVIOUS WHY the WT settled! The Court ruled that WT COULD NOT CLAIM "CLERGY PRIVILEGE;" nor could they keep these pedophile-database-records to themselves, which is what they were aggressively trying to do. And you KNOW there's NO WAY in *Hades* OR *Sheol* that the WT was going to let that "pedophile database" be smeared all over the newspaper headlines and in public court records, which is what would have happened had they GONE THROUGH to a PUBLIC TRIAL. Can you imagine the NAMES in that database? Good grief! The house of cards would have come crashing down, I'm sure.

---------

I liked this comment:

"As to people finding out about it, can you hide the light of the sun?"

;-) Only during a TEMPORARY cloudy spell! but clouds are known to BLOW AWAY with the next wind!

Anyway, CONGRATS to the plaintiffs who held on to the end!
    And to Silentlambs, Kim, Andersons, et al, and those on the frontlines of the battle.

/ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

Just had to add these appropriate scriptures:

"For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed." (John 3:20)

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose [them.]" (Ephesians 5:11)

"But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light." (Ephesians 5:13)

• abbagail
    abbagail

[...] "From my JW family's point of view, this was an attack by satan, and they avoided it by silencing all parties and paying up." [...]

I'm sure that is exactly what the WT will say, if the news ever comes out. But if the JWs could follow that line of reasoning THROUGH TO THE END, the obvious question would THEN be...

"WOULD JEHOVAH PAY OFF SATAN TO SHUT HIM UP?"

---------------

Let's hope all "thinking JWs" will come to that conclusion.
    /ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

Oh brother, one coffee too many...

I just thought of a TYPICAL WT/JW RESPONSE to my above question,

"WOULD JEHOVAH PAY OFF SATAN TO SHUT HIM UP?"?

----------

I can see it now, this paragraph in a WT "secret insider mag" (beginning January 2008):

"Jehovah God loved the world so much that He decided to "pay off Satan" to "shut him down" by giving His Own Son's life as the Pay-Off-Price... A Price SO HIGH, it could never be counted... And, therefore, we, Jehovah's spirit-directed organization feel we have followed in His Steps Closely in this matter, and will not be revealing the amount of the pay-off to Satan's Little Helpers in these lawsuits... but just trust the faithful and discreet slave that it was done so Satan could not bring reproach on Jehovah's name, nor on the "brotherhood" of the worldwide congregation... "

----------

Did I say Oh Brother already?

Oh brother! I shouldn't give the WT any ideas as to how to explain-away the gossip-mill should this news ever become widely known among the JWs.

/ag

• hubert
    hubert
    Oh brother! I shouldn't give the WT any ideas as to how to explain-away the gossip-mill should this news ever become widely known among the JWs.

Well, you just did, Abbigail.

Now you know why the GB monitor this site. Kind of makes it easy for them, huh?

Anyway, don't feel bad, someone would have done it sooner or later.

Hubert

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

However, now the more we think about it, when the news of the settlement begins to move through the congregations,

How will they ever find out though?

I just emailed the BBC Panorama programme with this news, suggesting that maybe it's time for a follow-up. Hopefully they will at least look into it.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Wouldn't it be more effective if Bethels around the world were inundated by people calling and asking:

"Can you please confirm that contrary to rumour, you did NOT settle out of court in multiple child abuse cases in the US"

• Emma
    Emma

If "Knocking" airs in our area we could write a letter to the editor about it and include information about the settlements.

• ninja
    ninja

nvr said..."Is it just me or is Ted Jaracz a wack-job?"...hey nvr....its just you....muhahahahaha....kidding mate....ninjarrrrrr

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

wac job? somone call???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit