ALERT: All Child Abuse Lawsuits have been settled. Millions cashed out???

by What-A-Coincidence 229 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie

I would check with attorney Kimberlee Norris (stillconcerned on JWD) to confirm this rumor. Google her name.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes, WAC's news is true. I was hoping Attorney Kim Norris would make the announcement. I heard about the settlement and recently I purchased the filed court document which states all the Napa, California cases were settled. The document said there were seven cases all coordinated under one lead case. Included in the settled cases was a San Diego lawsuit. That's the one where Rick McLean, the molester, who is on the FBI's most wanted list, molested many JW kids over a twenty year period. Some of the victims sued the Watchtower Society as well as a number of congregations. Love & Norris handled that case too. America's Most Wanted website said that over the years many JW victims came forward to the elders in congregations where McLean moved to and accused McLean, but since there weren't two witnesses to the molestations, the victims were not believed. Of course, nobody went to the authorities.

When Joe and I heard about the settlement of these seven cases and the other ones across the country, we were extremely disappointed because we were looking forward to the trials, the first one being set for April 3rd In Napa County. However, now the more we think about it, when the news of the settlement begins to move through the congregations, the Witnesses will conclude what is very obvious, WT could not have possibly allowed any of these lawsuits to go to trial because it would have been devastating to their reputation. If they were innocent, they would have welcomed their day in court to prove their policies were not responsible for the cover-up of pedophiles in the congregations. Like WAC, I also heard that there was a gag order and the settlement was huge. I guess the tight gag order is why more information is not forthcoming. We are happy for the victims who were involved in the lawsuits for finally they are having some kind of closure in the form of money (which came from donations made to the worldwide Watchtower work). Hopefully, it is now possible for the victims to seek out the care they need to help overcome the trauma from what they have been through over the years.

I'm doing more research into these lawsuits and when I'm finished, I'll let you all know what I find.

Barbara

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Andersons Info,

Those sneaky snakes. I was wondering how the Napa case went. I remember writing to the judge, I guess about a year ago it was on the board to write there.

purps

• Arthur
    Arthur

Does anyone remember how the Watchtower's latest Kingdom News tract stated that one of the characterisitcs of false religion is that it tolerates immorality and the sexual abuse of children?

Notice what Jesus said:

Matthew 12:37:

"Your words will be used to judge you - to declare you either innocent or guilty"

• Quandary
    Quandary

Have they settled ALL of the cases where they were named as defendants, every single one? I am in shock. How long will they continue to get away without major publicity? I am actully sick to my stomach. I was so hoping that bad press would soon be making the headlines. What a sad day!

Q

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think PBS needs to know about this esp before they show the KNOCKING docu anymore.

purps

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes, Quandary, as far as I know, WT settled all of the lawsuits filed by Love and Norris. There were 14 lawsuits and they were carefully picked by the law firm out of potentially thousands of victims that contacted Love and Norris since 2003. I read each complaint when it was filed. In all cases, the victims and families went to the elders; the elders told them not to go to the authorities and even if, IN RARE CASES, the molester was disfellowshipped, nobody was told why except the WT Society; then there were more molestations by the same perpetrator. So you see why the WT had to settle? In addition, the plaintiffs proved that the elders were the Society's agents who represented them so they bore responsibility for what their agents did. That was the plaintiff's killer argument. And for this the WT had to, and I mean, HAD TO, settle out of court or all of the flock would have heard all of the secrets.

Barbara

• aylesbury_lad
    aylesbury_lad

This news simply must reach the media. Barbera, if you give the news agencies only what you can support 100% can the investigative journalists not be left to do their job?

• bebu
    bebu

Are there other lawsuits pending besides those at Love and Norris? Will more victims come forward to sue the different congregations, or is this supposed to be a wrap-up. My guess is that the WTS would like this info very quiet so that other victims don't get inspired. The ones who were not represented in the lawsuit--will they be able to sue through another attorney? Will they be able to have THEIR day in court if they want? I'm no lawyer, obviously.

I hope that this settlement will be the tip of a large iceberg.

Is there a way to learn more about these cases? Is there a way for the media to get more info?

And I wonder if Jim Whitney's testimony was involved in these cases. He promised info about this issue to us a long time back that would amaze us... but nothing said so far.

bebu

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

However, now the more we think about it, when the news of the settlement begins to move through the congregations,

How will they ever find out though?

Thomas Covenant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit