Are JW's generally better than average people?

by JH 299 Replies latest jw friends

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

nevergoinback:

You questions seemed rhetorical.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

nevergoinback:

You questions seemed rhetotical.

I assure you they are not. The answers to them may raise other questions, but that does not make them rhetorical.

Love and respect,

Nvr

• restrangled
    restrangled
    We love you unconditionally Rosalee and hope you wake up someday.

Nice thoughts NVR! Have a great Weekend all!

r's hubby - back to work

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

From Websters:

"rhetorical question, a question asked only for effect, as to emphasize a point, no answer being expected."

Now, nevergoing back, how on earth could you expect anyone to honestly answer your nonsensical questions??? hmmmm?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    nonsensical

Excuse me!?

Never criticize the questions because the answers make you uncomfortable.

I'm done here sis. I really do love you and care about your happiness. I hope you find your experience with Jehovah's Witnesses to be much more satisfying than mine was.

Take care!

Nvr

• jgnat
    jgnat

2 Samuel 6:13-23 - David's wife reprimands him for wild dancing.

2 Samuel 23:8-39 - David's mighty men.

Proverbs 28:1 - The righteous are as bold as a lion.

Matthew 3:7 - Jesus insults the Pharisees.

Matthew 15:1-20 - Jesus preaches against the hypocrites, offending the Pharisees. His disciples are worried.

Matthew 23:13-39 - More insults to the Pharisees. They shut up the kingdom of heaven against men.

Mark, 11:15-18 - Jesus causes disruption amongst the moneychangers.

Acts 13:46 - Paul and Barnabas waxed bold.

Romans 10:20 - Esias, bold.

Phillipians 1:14 - New Christians preach with boldness.

1 Thessalonians 2:2 - Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus preach boldly even after they were badly treated in Phillipi.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Yes, jgnat, true Christians preach 'boldly' to the meek.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I had a conversation with a JW friend, one who still speaks to me under the cover of dark corners in darker coffee shops.

He asked, 'Well since you have given up the 'Truth', how do you view 'worldly' people?'.

My answer, 'I do not view them as Worldy or Theocrats or Catholics or Muslims or Godless or Atheist, they are just people'. Cults feed greedily on labels as these maintain the distance from reality that they need in order to survive.

But JW's are people too. As an elder for decades I know that at least 30% of the publishers of every congregation that I attended, and I was in fifteen, had been before a Judicial Committee for one reason or the other. The mildest and most nonsensical reason - a publisher swearing at an elder and refusing to apologize, the most outrageous, horendous child abuse issues and of course, the elder who had anal sex with four different women in his congregation but persuaded them that he had not committed adultery because he had used an unofficial orifice....lol

Jehovah's Witnesses are just people, that is all. No better and no worse than the rest of humanity. If they were treated by their leadership with a little more respect and tolerance, half the 'wrongdoing' that they get up to would not interest them anyway. The WTS manages to monitor the behavior of its adherents by use of emotional blackmail, mental conditioning and peer pressure. This gives most JW's the appearance of being more 'moral' than others in the community, but beneath it all, they are exactly the same as the people that they are taught to avoid.

HS

• TopHat
    TopHat

Rosalee? Can one put God first in their lives WITHOUT becoming a Watchtower org..member?

I would be interested in reading your answer to my question?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Rosalee,

If you were in a family that never let you question their rules, and even before you did, you were threatened to be explelled from that family, and were told that this was their version of love, what would you do?

Would you not ask them why this was the case? What are they so afraid of, that they must retain that amount of control?

Would you want to remain in the family? Would you feel secure, or would you feel so scared of losing their love and acceptance that you couldn't feel free to explore the reasons for their rules?

If you were in a school that never let you question their teachings, a school that told you that everything they taught was all that you were ever allowed to know, BUT that if you ever did question their teachings, that you would be thrown out and viewed as evil, how would you feel?? what would you do?

Does that seem reasonable to you? Does that seem loving?

Who were the ones that sneered at Jesus and put him down for eating with taxcollectors and sinners?

Who were the ones that Jesus rebuked for making money in the temple??? WHO AUTHORIZED these money changers?

Who were the ones that Jesus said added laws and laws but didnt lift a single finger to help the lowly jewish peoples??

The WTBTS are the Pharisees.

Do you think Jesus is looking fondly at the WTBTS who have paid off the victims of abuse to keep their silence?

Do you think that Jesus and his Father were shocked when he saw the WTBTS join the UN in 1991, only to leave it when JW's began to find out, so that they left in 2001...and LIED about the reason for joining?

Do you remember all the articles putting the UN in a 'favourable light'? I do.

HOW CAN YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THIS ORGANIZATION HAS GOD'S APPROVAL AT ALL??

by their fruitage you will know who are God's people, by their love....what kind of loving organization makes people shun their own flesh and blood simply because those ones do not agree with the WTBTS???

Those ones have NOT turned their back on God, or Jesus, just the ''organization'' because they finally saw the lies and the hypocrisy which they have been trying to hide from you by telling you to stay away from sites such as this one.

They are afraid of being exposed.

If they had the truth, the WTBTS would have no fear of being thoroughly examined.

think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit