Are JW's generally better than average people?

by JH 299 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

*ignoring rosalee's insipid comments*

I have known some geniunely fantastic JWs. But I've also met some genuinely fantastic people that are not JWs. The majority of JWs were very average in all ways, just like the rest of the world. And there were a few JWs I knew who were just crap... crap! Again, just like the rest of the world.

What makes them different is the fact that they follow a corrupt Organization which primarily tends to its own material needs rather than to the needs of its flock.

Are the JWs then somehow "better"? I think the question itself is suspect from a humanistic, egalitarian standpoint.

Which is better, to follow the will of some entity outside of ones' self (the WBTS) which claims the authority of God? Or to follow ones' own will, as it aligns itself with God, the true and only God, which speaks to each one of us from within our own hearts?

For a long time I had no religion. Now I do. I prefer now. It has true meaning

Rosalee,

True meaning? The only "truth" in your "true meaning" is that you are a member of a sickening child abusing and exploiting cult.

I note that you failed to respond to my previous post, a failure not atypical of JWs I've met. None want to address realities they are incapable of either explaining or justifying. Your cult is really just like a drug, and like drugs, it has adverse side effects, both on the user/cult member, and those around them.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

What would you like me to say to your posts, 144001 ???

You told me to have a good life and I thought you meant it.

You ran on a bit that you don't like the group I'm with. SOOO???

What would you like me to say to your posts, 144001 ??? Rosalee

Your failure to respond to them demonstrates your tacit agreement with their content, Rosalee. So, since you agree with me, yet continue as a hypocritical cult member, I suggest you "say" sorry to all who have been harmed by the cult whose interests you advocate.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

And 144001, I am too much of a lady to tell you what you should do :)

And 144001, I am too much of a lady to tell you what you should do :)

But Rosalee, as a JW, you have no trouble telling others what they should do and how to live their lives. Why am I so special?

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

I've never told a single soul how to live their lives.

You must feel special enough to post twice :)

I've never told a single soul how to live their lives. -- Rosalee

I'd give this statement the same level of scrutiny I'd give claims made by other people, except for the fact that you previously admitted to being dishonest:

In the past, I'd say exactly what someone said but with a few extra thoughts and claim it was exactly what I heard them say.

As an admitted liar, do you really expect others to believe anything you say?

• golf2
    golf2

Define average. What's an average witness?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit