Are JW's generally better than average people?

by JH 299 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I for one, would blindly trust just about anyone on this forum, just the fact of knowing that you already were a JW.

Does this mean that JW's in general are better people or are we a very close bunch of people?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

On average some of their morals may be a little better than average - but to say they are "better people" is quite frankly insulting to the rest of the population

• journey-on
    journey-on

NOT NO...BUT, HELL NO!

• dobbie
    dobbie

To be honest i found that my family (who are non jws) always acted an awful lot better that my husbands jw ones and their friends, i was constantly shocked/upset at the difference. Even my husband used to point out to me that my family acted more like jws should than the jws we knew! I knew so many jws that led double lives too, yet were hypocritical of others when they got found out about things, also they gosssiped far more than any non jws i have ever known!So maybe the answer is no, but alot of them think they are!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I for one, would blindly trust just about anyone on this forum, just the fact of knowing that you already were a JW.

Don't.

We are a marvelous group, but blind trust is often misplaced. And to answer your question, "NO."

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    On average some of their morals may be a little better than average - but to say they are "better people" is quite frankly insulting to the rest of the population

I'd have to agree with stillajwexelder on this one. I have come across some really wonderful people in this life, and you don't have to be a JW to be one. There is good and bad in all "groups". BB

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think it would be a huge mistake to accept everyone here as being trust-worthy. Some people come out of the WTS and are very damaged from their experience. Others get to a point where many issues are resolved.

There have been cases where people got a little too friendly too fast with very hurtful results. Fortunately the number of these situations have been small.

Over-all apostafests have been wonderful and people have met great friends. But simply because we share a common experience doesn't make us better or worse than anyone else

Like anywhere it is best to proceed with caution

• ninja
    ninja

I for one, would blindly trust just about anyone on this forum....JH........ermmmm...any chance of a loan of some money JH...say $100?...I'll pay you back next week.....promise.....honest ninja

• Kent
    Kent

Excuse me?!?!?! That's the most prejudiced statement I ever heard, not to say plain untrue. There is NO evidence what so ever the JWs may be a little better than average in any way.

JWs do always pay their taxes. Yeah - right. That's a lie, and even elders cleaning windows do jobs "on the side". The Watchtower Society is simply plain swindlers. I don't care to provide evidence to this statement, since anyone can find the evidence on lots of websites.

Morals? The JWs has a whole lot more pedophiles than the average, as do any other closed cult. Is that good morals? Is it better morals than the average to don't give a damn about your son, daughter, mother or father just because they for some reason choose to BELIEVE something different? Actually, the JWs set a bottom standard in the world.

In questions about blood, JW parents are willing to let their children die. Authorities take custody of their children, but the JW parents should never ever get it back! Is that a good moral, or is it something quite different?

When the Watchtower writes declarations of facts to governments in the world, stating it's a "personal choise" to accept blood, and there will be no action taken against those who choose to do so, is that good morals or plain lies?

Most people her know about this and lots of other things.

Just the statement that JWs in any way are better than others iis plain stupid!

• JH
    JH
    The JWs has a whole lot more pedophiles than the average

I know that they have their problem with pedophiles that they have a hard time admitting, but I dindn't know that they had more pedophiles than the average group.

On my opening statement, reading it again, I can see how brainwashed I still am, by thinking they are better people than the average.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit