Are JW's generally better than average people?

by JH 299 Replies latest jw friends

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Gordy:

I can see your words come from the heart. I appreciate your thoughts and wish you well.

Take care.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I present one more question, posed with the utmost respect I assure you.

How do you, Rosalee, reconcile the repeated warnings and commands of the Governing Body to not participate in discussion forums like this one with your activity here?

I submit that you may perhaps be looking for help with some doubts you may secretly entertain regarding the WTBTS.

I say this, not to judge you in any way. I am neither suited for that nor interested in doing so.

I just encourage you as an ex-elder, resigned not removed, to be honest with yourself.

Your emotional and psychological health is at stake.

Love and concern,

Nvrgnbk

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

foundyourway:

your post on page 10 had at least 15 questions. It is not my mission to address all or any questions.

If it were, I'd have responded much sooner.

nevergoingback:

good question. I'll give it some serious thought.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I did not ask you to respond, just asked if you read it..

Thank you for your rudeness.

It was completely uncalled for.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

nevergoingback:

good question. I'll give it some serious thought.

I'm very pleased to hear that. I can ask for nothing more.

Take care,

Nvr

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Hi Rosalee.

It seems to be it's all semantics. You said that the mature brothers in your congregation are not interested in counting time, but in finding meek ones. Well, they feel that way because the Watchtower organization tells them to. It tells them to go from door to door seeking meek ones to come to Jehovah's. Sounds great, huh? A lofty and noble assignment.

What the Watchtower organization does not tell the brothers is that their door to door preaching is actually a recruitment technique. Oh, they clothe it in pretty language so that the brothers feel that they are working for Jehovah when, in fact, the brothers are spending their time seeking recruits for the Watchtower organization. It's a multi-tiered operation.

For example, say you Rosalee are working in field service looking as you call it "for meek ones to come to Jehovah." If you can win that person over, he/she in time will become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Then that person will engage in the door to door work and find someone else that wants to be a Jehovah's Witnesses. Neither you or your new recruits know the real reason you are being recruited.

Every new person that the Watchtower recruits with the aid of free salesmen, contributes monetarily to the organization. So every new recruit is money in the bank. Sometimes these new recruits have property that they Will to the society, sometimes they have life savings they they give to the organization. Sometimes, the recruit lives from paycheck to paycheck but because he is told that contributing to the world wide work is something Jehovah wants, he gives a portion of his small earnings each week to the Watchtower. He truly believes that he is doing it for Jehovah, but it is only going to finance a man made organization.

The bigger the organization becomes the more credible it becomes, the more people it can attract, the richer it becomes, and so on.

When Pastor Russell declared that organized religion was a snare and a racket, he was just not whistling Dixie.

Are JW's generally better than average people? Well, average people do not have their habits, tastes and desires legislated by the Watchtower organization, giving the appearance that they are a better class of people.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Are JW's generally better than average people? Well, average people do not have their habits, tastes and desires legislated by the Watchtower organization, giving the appearance that they are a better class of people.

Well said, Gary1914

• TopHat
    TopHat

Rosalee, when I was a witless...I was told through the pages of the Wacktower that I and all JWs HAD to believe the words of the Governing Body of the Wacktower was the only way to please Jehovah...and for some ungodly reason...I fell for that belief, hook, line, and sinker, thanks be to God I have come to my senses...Do you know that the Wackytower has changed the words in the Bible for their Baptism requirements? From: In the name of God, The Son and The Holy spirit, and have incorporated the name "Watchtower" into the requirements for Baptism?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wow is the longest thread ever? And all for an arrogant person who can only spout WT jargon. I remember being that certain of my religion at one time. Now I'm a lot older and more experienced and I know that kind of certainty is false. One way ordinary wordly people are better than the WT society folks I used to know, and even love, is that the wordly people I know don't have this tremendous sense of entitlement and scorn for everyone else. They believe in carrying their own burdens, paying their own way, and they don't any of them sit around and talk with immense satisfaction of the time coming soon when god will kill off 99.9% of the people on earth for no good reason at all.

• Rosalee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit