YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

My sister sent me a sonogram picture last week, she found out she's having a GIRL! I laughed because everyone said they thought she was going to have a boy but I told her 'nope I think it's gonna to be a girl'. Now hopefully the sonogram was correct ;-)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Exciting news, Miss Ann!

Has your sister picked out names yet? Please keep us updated as you receive more information. Thanks for sharing.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

As an armchair traveler, I love traveling to exotic locales. We were surrounded by books in my childhood home and I remember reading SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET, by Heinrich Harrer. Wish I still had the copy. Having rented the movies "Lost Horizon" [original] and "Seven Years in Tibet" [1997 version, with Brad Pitt], I am back in the "driver's seat" of my armchair. I'm currently reading James Hilton's captivating tale of the journey to Shangri-La ["La" means mountain pass]. I googled Heinrich Harrer and his book and discovered that he and the Dalai Lama - in exile in India - are dear friends [H.H. was tutor to His Holiness] and still in touch. We would have no idea of the beauty and culture of the real Tibet and the capital city of Llasa were it not for Harrer's photography.
    A tragedy of incalculable proportions - the Chinese destruction of over one million peace-loving Tibetens and six thousand monasteries. Man's inhumanity toward his fellow man. Today there is another tragedy being played out....

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Peace and blessings to all today. Later in the day I will catch up on news of those I haven't seen in 40 years. It's a small world after all when it comes to how our paths unexpectedly cross.

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi fellow journalists

CoCo - I hope your reunion today is a happy one, you sure have a lot of catching up to do!

ninja - love and prayers to you and your mum.

The last two days have been busy for me so I didn't get chance to post - and then when I did get chance last night, I couldn't get connected to JWD, but I'm here again now! Things seem to be happening with the business - both directly and indirectly and for the first time in a long while, I'm feeling quite upbeat about it.

Two days off work now - but I still have essays to work on so I won't really have much time to relax - the pace of life seems relentless at the moment but I'm sure it'll be worth it at the end!

Have a great rest of the weekend all

emo

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Good day to all of you!

Well, I wasn't going to post in the journal section but nothing is going on at the moment that I might as well.

During the week day I'm too busy with life (children, obligations, college) that I have little to no time to write. Today was a bit different.

My son had baseball practice yesterday evening and after the game, both my son and daughter wanted to go with dad. My ex would normally pick them up on Saturday morning and bring them back Sunday morning. Because of this change in schedule I woke up to a very quiet home. At least I got to sleep in a bit. It's been raining all day which put a stop to my plan of bike riding and walking along the creek. So for most of the day I slept. It feels sooooo good to sleep. I dream so much especially during the day. The dreams are almost like living a different (comfortable) life. Most of my dreams are calming and things I wish in this real life. Remember the movie "Somewhere In Time" starring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymore? The dreams on my down days are a thing I look forward too like Reeves did in his movie. I do get a bit sad when my body tells me that I have to get up. I tend to get a headache after sleeping for so long. It's just that living in my dreams are so much more enjoyable than in real life.

It's 5:45pm and now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of my day. I really don't have much money so it will have to be something free. Maybe I can play one of my movies and escape into it for a while. Hmmm. I haven't had a cup of coffee yet, so I think I'll make one in a bit. Reading takes too much effort for me today so a DVD is the answer.

Tomorrow my kids will be back home and I'll have 2 others here to play or make crafts with.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Sad Emo and Freedom Frog!

I'm so glad that your respective circumstances landed you here at YOUR DAILY JOURNAL! It's cheering, Sad, when things pick up at the shop. I've been there and tend toward crestfallenness when the customers open every other shop door but mine. Sounds totally hectic for you with both studies and work in the mix. But you do seem to be enjoying yourself, and surely, that's what counts. Yes, the reunion went so nicely - thanks for mentioning it. You, too, have a great weekend.

Getting a tad more sleep is a good thing, F.F. I likewise enjoy the "escape" that my dreams afford me. I own the video of "Somewhere in Time" and was bowled over when I first met Jane. My words were "What a vision!" When Richard went to the Hotel library and looked up the story of Elise McKenna and saw her photo as a young woman, he just knew that the old lady who had earlier given him the watch was one and the same. It is such a poignant tale - "Bid Time Return" - the story of boy meets girl and boy wins girl [after many setbacks]. When Richard pulls the penny out of his pocket I can hardly bear to watch. What about you Freedom Frog?
    Thanks for sharing a part of your day with us!

CoCo

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Richard pulls the penny out of his pocket I can hardly bear to watch. What about you Freedom Frog?

That part of the movie makes me feel very exhausted because I know all the trouble he went through just to get to that particular time setting. Almost as if I could feel his exhaustion...lol

It's 10pm but I don't think I'll go to bed just yet. I think I'll watch a few Harry Potter DVD's. I tend to have real good dreams after watching strong magical stories. I always loved Harry's cape that he can hide under and conceal himself...hehehe With all the dreams I've had lately, I could come up with some nifty stories to write myself...after all, that's how the Stephen King's stories started...Hmmmm

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Daily Journal for today:

Woke up on my own at 6 am. Had one cat sit on my head as my official wake up. The other screamed bloody murder because I was being lazy and not getting up to give him his wet food. Got up at 6:15 and gave the kitties their wet food. Did a load of laundry, set the dishwasher. Took a shower. Took out the garbage. Headed to work (walked). Got into work. Worked till 3:30. Walked home, but stopped by the organic pet store and picked up more wet kitty food for the Munchkins. Got home. Continued with the laundry. Decided to do some spring cleaning, so I washed the windows to the balcony. Played w/ the Munchkins for a while. Made dinner and sat w/ a glass of red wine on the balcony thinking of all the things I should have done but did not do and made a list for tomorrow. Talked to a GF on the phone about the fact that she got shingles (in her eye of all places). Watched some t.v., read and wrote some on JWD. And now I am starting to get tired and am thinking seriously of bed.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings and best wishes to all! Have a great weekend.

Looking_Glass and the wake-up call,

Yes, feline insistence can be persistent. You really need to attend to their pressing needs posthaste or there's the devil to pay. How are the Munchkins? Do they have as playmates the Quadlings, Gillikins and Winkies? Good association all?
    It was wonderful hearing about your day - quite a full one, I must say. Thanks for sharing. Glinda sends her warmest regards - Toto, too!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit