YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Respondents!

Sad emo's day off!

Well, good for you! A bit of Google, a little football, a spot of dinner. And with loved ones. Thanks for sharing and for being a JWD addict - what would we do w/o you!?!

DJK pulls up the slack:

Sorry about that scene. I was given extra pay for checking up on my nightshift workmates' performance. If they left something undone or not to my satisfaction, I had to make it right. I won no points with them, only with my boss.
    Shaving less often is my solution to your morning's catastrophe. Not a perfect solution, mind you, but then, in your case, a perfect excuse for cleaning the bathroom! Hope the rest of your day goes better and that your fellow-employees get on the stick! Thanks for letting us know.

Well, Ninja, I am molto impressed!

Wish my library were as extensive as yours. It is 'spensive, to be sure. But a very good investment. You've inspired me; I really must say that a picture is worth a thousand words so will cease my blather now [only on this matter].
    Oh, do you have sufficient space in your home to build a berg? Any glaciers in the 'hood? Please tell us more. If you had a mirror you could see yourself to the door.

Thanks all!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Holy Henry Hoover!

Well, we all of us are acquainted with ol' Henry. He's a permanent fixture in my clean-aholic life. Thanx for those great shots, da ninj. I love Scotland because of Rosamunde Pilcher; do you know her or where in Scotland she lives? She's my favorite living authoress. P.D. James is likewise a fave.
    Any soup on the burner?

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good day fellow journalists!

Cool pics ninja - that's a fine library you have there! We have a Henry here at work also, the guardian of the store room!!

I'm only at work for half a day today, this morning I took one of my cats to see the vet. She has a bad heart murmur but now the heart is enlarged and is beating so fast that it's hardly circulating her blood any more. We're trying her on a beta blocker for a week to try and slow her heart down but she's gonna definitely have to be an indoor cat from now on because there's every chance that her heart will just stop and I don't want that to happen to her while she's outside. As long as she's happy and not in pain, I'll do my best for her.

Have a blessed day, however much each of you have left of it :)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yesterday was another day of cleaning - cupboards etc. I tossed a bunch of WT and Awakes and a few books. I had my books of assembly notes back as far as 1991! Can you believe that? I didn't even know they were still there. I have boxes of books stored under the stairs and hubby was just commenting on how we should clean things out under there - hopefully he'll agree to throw them out too!

Poor garbage man this morning - I'll give him some gift certificates for Timmies for the extra weight he has to pick up today. Met a friend for coffee (tea for me) in the late afternoon - met another friend for beers later in the evening. That's alot of caffeine and alcohol for one day so it's extra water for me today! lol

Today is yard work - its a beautiful sunny day - still a little cool which is perfect for working outside.

BB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings All!

Sad Emo's poor kitty:

So sorry to hear the news. It always amazed me how our pets can have human-type illness. I know it's not transference; it's real. We had a pooch on meds for epilepsy. A client's cat was on an IV for her condition. Hope you can continue to make her comfortable. She's safer in the house, as you noted.
    Thanks for the news of your day. Some day I'll have myself a full English breakfast - can't believe the amount of food!

Mrs. Bee is still cleaning!

Boy - you've inspired me to start tossing. And yes, I can surely believe having all those assembly notes; I couldn't bear to throw them out - all that hard work to copy down dubious information. I even took notes during all the meetings. A habit since school days. How else, Brothers and Sisters, do you expect to retain a single thing you've heard? And what about review time at the Service Meeting? Enough of that!
    Keep drinking that water to flush out your system. It must be worth it though for the time you were able to spend with friends. Stay cool while gardening.
    Take care and thank you for sharing!

A wonderful day to all our friends,

CoCo

• ninja
    ninja

busy day today....got a few new contracts so was up at sunrise....just finished at 4pm....took my wee maw (mum) to gartnavel hospital to see what further can be done about her cancer.....upshot is...she is getting a stent fitted next week at latest...she hasnt been able to eat anything at all for the longest time.....she is living on vitamin drinks and bovril.....but she is a fighter...she was diagnosed 2 years ago ..the same day Liverpool won the champions league ...2 years is a long time for someone to live with this type of cancer...but she is a fighter.....she has lost a lot of weight....will see what happens ....anyway....onwards and upwards ....peace to all you fellow "apostates" out there....back to work in half an hour......ninja

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

I just spent a very enjoyable night at the horse track with my dad. Good times. Only if that 3 horse would have nosed it out at the line. 65-1 and he was closing as if he was a 3-1 horse. Oh well,...atleast I have the Preakness to start concentrating on.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Friends and Fellow-journalists:

Thank you, Bob and Ninja, for your updates. Keep fighting along with your mum, N.; we wish the best for her. And Bob, what's a Preakness? Maybe I'd better Google it and see if I should concentrate on it!

Wishing all on JWD a wonderful day,

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi all

What a traumatic few hours I had! My laptop locked up on me last night (strangely I was reading this thread at the time!). Couldn't do a thing with it other than switch it off and on ... this wouldn't normally cause me panic but at the moment I have two half-written essays and my exam revision notes on here and I need them for next week onwards ... eeek ... the good news is that it wasn't a fatal problem, apparently it was a corrupted Windows update... another fright like that and I may consider switching operating systems!

ninja - your mum sure is a fighter! I'm sure a lot is to do with the love and support she has from her family, I hope the stent helps her.

Bob it's ages since I went to the races - much better than watching it on tv, maybe I'll treat myself to a day out sometime.

Have a great day everyone

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

CoCo,

The Preakness, a major horse race, is the second race of the Triple Crown. The Triple Crown consists of The Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont.

All the top horses contend in these races. A horse hasn't won the Triple Crown since, i think, 1978.

Keep your eye on Street Sense,...he looks pretty good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit