YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Good thread CoCo,

Life is way too short, life should always be about "seizing the moment" whether on paper, video, camera or just in our own minds and memories.

Sayings like take "time to smell the coffee or flowers" are great but we really should, we are here for one tiny blip on the radar screen and yet many of us never get it even when it is too late.

The older I get, I make it a point to slow down, whether it is eating, time with my wife, time with the kids and grandkids, looking at a sunset, a good joke or funny experience, whatever it is.

Slow down and enjoy, this wont last forever, at least as we know it.

Thanks for sharing Coco,

abr

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I journal every day. I use a Smartphone (Palm Treo 700P) with Documents To Go installed. I usually keep a Word doc open and journal everything possible. I always have it and can capture my thoughts and feelings in real time. When my daughter is old enough I plan to give these to her so that she can understand things about me in my own words, particularly why I left the JWs.

tsof

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

such interesting stuff - I read Pepys's diary years ago - enjoyed it, and the "Journal of the Plague Year" by Defoe. I haven't thought of Yma Sumac in years - and I loved "The Turning Point." I went to work yesterday, caught up on two weeks worth of Quickbooks posting and payroll reports. Then ran some errands and SCORED big time at a thrift store - two three-drawer bedside tables. Have been looking for some, but didn't want to pay $400 or so for a pair. Paid $40 at the thrift store which is a lot better, and they are pretty and look good with my bedroom furniture. Today hours of house cleaning, now all is ready for the week. I have some work to do on the computer, but first lunch and some JWD forum. Nice cup of coffee, watered my garden (one pot) and stuck my head outside to see how hot it is. Was 106 yesterday.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

If nothing else on the forum, at least I can read your wonderful comments, and, hopefully, respond. I have been able to do little more than perform one function on the forum and then it shuts down on me for hours. Every other website comes up readily and stays put. Go figure. Hope to return - soon!

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

So far so good! JWD is back on - at least for the moment on my PC - and I've been able to make a few posts.

ABR is seizing the day........

Remember "Dead Poets Society"? Carpe Deum [sp.?] Smell the flowers TODAY. Play with your grandkids NOW. Don't put off till tomorrow what you CAN DO TODAY. Post WHILE the system's up!
    Thanx, Friend!

TSOF's daily journal:

Good for you! That will be a wonderful gift for your daughter. I'm glad I have so many of my family's letters of the last 50 years, those I mentioned at the outset. They not only recall the events of the past but seem to recreate the atmosphere and mood surrounding those events.
    Good hearing from you.

Hortensia must live in the desert!

Wow! You must need to water your pot frequently. My deck gets so hot that the radiant heat can cook my plants - even in the shade. The same plants are fine in full sun but in the ground.
    I was overjoyed to find info on Yma Sumac on the net. I have a set of her 45s from the 1950s. The box is lost, but I recall she was in native Peruvian dress on the cover. Title is "Voice of the Xte-Bay." Not sure of the spelling. I could not find it listed on her website. She made few albums as she was always on tour. I believe the site address is www.ymasumac.com. If not, it's easy to google her. She was in awe of the celebrities of her "day" [she's still a going concern as far as I could tell], not realizing that they were in awe of her. Her imitations - of the flute, for example - and her five octave range are legendary. Quelle chanteuse!
    Thank you, Hortensia.

CoCo

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yesterday was a beautiful day - warm, sunny, spring day here in Ontario.

Talked to my mom in the morning - invited her and sis over for a bbq. My brother sis in law and the kiddies stopped by in the afternoon, asked them to stay for the bbq. Ran to the grocery store and picked up a few more steakes, and some nice cold Coronas. We had a wonderful visit with my brother and family. My mom and sis came around 6. We were abit aprehensive when she came - it was the first time we'd all been together like this in over a year (long story). It was abit awkward at first, and I think if my mom knew they were here she wouldn't have come, but she stayed and we had a nice dinner.

As promised I have a pic of the bike. I'll start a thread later so this one doesn't get hijacked .

It's another beautiful day here, and I don't have to start work until 1:00, so I'm off to take the doggies for a nice long walk.

BB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Mrs. Bee,

There are times when things do go smoothly! It's wonderful you and yours had a great day. Thank you for the shot of you and your wheels - a beautiful photo. No worries about a hijack................
    Have a great day!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

I've just received my Free Minds Journals in the mail today and have read through most of them. So, who's running the show today? The legal department? Good story on Randy's life, too. And a story by our Renee. Both are must-reads! Contact Randy and subscribe - NOW!

CoCo

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Well, another tax season has come and gone. The deadline was yesterday. Now that's not to say there won't be stragglers, there always are! So, now there will be no more vulgar language!! lol

This morning was my first day off in a while. I had planned on sleeping in. The birds had another thing in plan for me - lying in bed at 4:30 am listening to them! You know how it starts - one bird starts to chirp tentatively at first. Just little chirps and peeps as he's waking up. Then a little more, then full song breaks out. All it takes is one *&@%$!$ bird to start things!! OOPS - I did say no more vulgar language!! Sorry! But at 4:30 in the am all I want is blissful silence!!

Ok that being said - the serenade was beautiful - and I can appreciate it now - but not then!! lol

So, before it rains and thunders - I'm off for a bike ride!

BB

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm playing at catch up! I still haven't had porridge since the escapade the other day. I've been eating healthy cold breakfasts - fruit, yoghurt and whole grain Ryvitas (rye crisp-bread), although yesterday I did succumb to a full English breakfast!

The weather is beautiful - clear blue skies, warm but with a gentle cooling breeze. I'm at work but have had few customers this afternoon as there's been a bad road accident not far away and several roads around are closed. I'll probably do some more website work for the rest of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit