YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I love going out after I've slept a few hours and enjoy the night sky from my deck. A full moon, such as at Passover time last month. Absolutely beautiful - fluffy batts of cotton skitting across the illuminated expanse.
    If you're around, Sad emo, I finally remembered to buy some oatmeal and sprung for some real maple syrup to top it off. It's simmering on the range even as we speak. Hope it goes well at your shop today.
    Ninja - take care and the best to you and your wee mum. I'm glad she's on Sad emo's Vigil list.

To all on JWD, a blessed and productive day!

Love,

CoCo

• jgnat
    jgnat

What a lovely thread, CoCo.

Here I sit in the wee hours of the morning, roused by my morning "hot flash". Hormones now drive my day. Since I'm "up anyways", hubby thoughtfully leaves out a Watchtower study to mark. Yesterday morning followed much like this one.

After wrapping up my morning abolutions, I still am to early to leave to work. So I sort out our receipts in the kitchen and bundle them for the box in the basement. I irritably snap at hubby when he puts his small stack of papers back in the basket. "Hey, I just cleaned that. Put them in the office where they belong." Hubby gives me a gentle kiss goodbye. Then, it's a run to the bus stop to meet my daughter and granddaughter (Naomi). My daughter asks me to hold a pyrex bowl of soup. She's economizing by taking home cooked meals to work. So I ask Naomi to hold up my bus pass for the driver. My daughter, embarrassed, takes back the soup bowl. Seated in the bus, I hand Naomi my pocket PC so she can play her favorite game. My daughter says that game is the highlight of Naomi's morning. Naomi is the highlight of my morning.

I'd had a dream that morning that I was a young girl who had ten orphans dumped on my doorstep. Which about sums up my workday. It was unusual in that I had no meetings, and I could work straight through at my desk. I was also short my two most valued assistants, I'd sent them on a course together. So I spent my day organizing my to-do list to gain back some sense of control. I knocked it down from 100 items to 73. Woo hoo.

I chatted with my son's Psychiactric Nurse at noon, she's a treat. My son recently "graduated" from the local jail to a psychiactric/drug treatment centre. He's very happy at the new facility, in his words, "The furniture is padded....they have a coffee bar...they let you take seconds at the cafeteria...my room is twice as big as at the Remand, mom." His nurse and I laughed. She joked we might have trouble convincing him to leave the facility.

Coming home, exhausted, I beg hubby to pick us up at the transit station. My daughter has a headache. Naomi borrows my pocket PC again. At home, I bundle myself up on the couch as the chicken cooks in the oven. We are eating salads with our dinners now, hubby pats his stomach in satisfaction. It's shrinking. It's been a long day that started far too early. Hubby flips between baseball and CSI. I was in bed by 7:30 watching more TV and pretending to read "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky. When I roll over, hubby asks me to flip off the light. Another early night for make up for my early rising.

Hormones drive my day.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good morning CoCo

I was just about about to write that I dared to have porridge again this morning!! My theory about using skimmed instead of semi-skimmed milk as being the cause of my messy microwave the other day seems to be correct - everything stayed in the dish today! A good start

I have a volunteer working here this morning which gives me chance to catch up on all the boring admin work like filing and paying bills the variety of work is good though

emo also wishes everyone else a good day!

• compound complex
    compound complex

A good day to all!

jgnat is driven - by the bus driver and hormones!

The above figure of speech is known as a zeugma. I love it and your story, jgnat! What a day in your life - awake far too early in the day, joining daughter and g'daughter at the bus stop, running the show at work, straightening up the house, cooking dinner - well, not the salad! - and reading THE IDIOT. After all this, you take the time to study the WT for hubby! Wonder woman! Where can I get some hormones?
    Thanx for a glimpse into a very productive day - I'm exhausted...........

Sad emo and the solution:

Is semi-skimmed what we call 2% milk in the US? We had oatmeal every day as kids 'cause we were so poor. The next day's leftovers were a steely gray, a cruel gruel whose lumpy disposition was worsened by the bluish powdered milk solution that succeeded in quelling the mush heat but by no means enhanced the flavor. It's a wonder I love oatmeal still!
    What's a full English breakfast, such as you described earlier? Do please share!
    Hope all's well work-wise today. Good hearing from you.

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi CoCo, I don't know if it's the same as what you call 2% milk. The amount of skim is to do with how much fat has been removed from the milk - skimmed has almost no fat left in - less than 2% (so maybe they are the same?) My boiled over oats theory is that the extra fat content in semi-skim must raise the boiling point of the milk - hence it won't get everywhere like it does when I use full skim!

Full English = toasted bread, egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, baked beans, hash brown, bread, tomatoes and black pudding (only I don't have the last two items because I don't like them!) - all fried!

And a mug of coffee or tea to wash it all down with!

It's been quiet here customer-wise today but I got lots of admin and website work done. When I get home, I'm going to eat and relax a short while, then I'll begin typing an essay on 'Zion-Theology as seen in the Book of Psalms' (((()))) for my degree course. The sun is blazing again so maybe I'll sit out in the garden and type there - I sooo love having a laptop PC now!

Have a great rest of the day all

• ninja
    ninja

thanks coco for your thoughts......and Emo for keeping her on the list......cheers big ears.....ninja

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to post on here - I was busy spring cleaning. I'm tackling one room at a time - did the living room yesterday - pulled out the furniture, dusted all the baseboards, cleaned the blinds and windows. I still have the odd thing to do in there, but it's looking good!

Today I had an appointment to see if I'm a candidate for Laser Eye Surgery and I am!! YIPPEE - no more glasses or contacts!! My surgery is scheduled for later this month. I can't wait!!

BB

• Nowman
    Nowman

I also did not get a chance to post yesterday!

I wake up at 3:00 to my daughter Delanie (born 2/5/07) because she wants to eat! I walk in her room, and she is trying to put both fists in her mouth! She sees me and smiles. I take her downstairs and change her diaper...Then I feed her.

I then put her in her bouncy seat. I make a pot of coffee. Then I make her bottles for the day for the sitter. Then I get the diaper bag ready. Then I do a load of laundry. I also play with the baby...Then I take a showe at 5:15am.

Oh, in between, I have couple of cigarettes, and take the dog out (Westie, Kasper is his name). After I get out of shower, I wake my other 2 older children up which takes about 15 minutes. They get themselves ready, but my son Dylan is growing his hair longer (perhaps those of you that have boys that are 8 and above are wanting to grow their hair out too?), so he wants me to style it for him. Then I get ready for work too.

I leave the house with the older kids just before 7:00am. I drop them off at sitters. (my husband works out of the house so he takes the baby later). I then arrive at work about 7:45am, I sell special nuts, bolts, and screws! I talk all day trying to get orders, or I travel locally in the Chicago area....I leave between 5:00-5:30pm. I get home, I took my two older ones to get their hair cuts, (Oh, I made them dineer 1st). My husband stays with baby. We get back, make sure the older ones have taken baths etc, then I take care of baby, she goes to sleep, my other two are in bed by 8:45pm. I wanted to watch Lost...but got the tail end. Then I realize the dishes need to be done, so I do the dishes...

Then I sit down for a bit, cuddle with hubby, cuddling turns into something else, and I go to bed by 11:30pm.

This is my life during the week....no complaints!

Nikki

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Ninjanoid,

Keep us posted as you're able and if you're up to it. Love to you and your mum.

Mrs. Bee is cleaning the springs, or is it spring cleaning?

What you describe is the story of one of my housecleaning client's early life. He told me that he had to tear the house apart every Saturday when he was a child. Of course, there's no chance of dust bunnies or mighty mites getting a foothold if turning the entire house upside down and giving it a good shaking is a weekly ritual. You and yours will certainly be breathing easier!
    Congratulations on the upcoming eye surgery. Friends and family who've had the procedure got wonderful results. All the better to view Puccini in August - good for you!

Nikki and the two fisted Delanie!

How sweet! Boy, does your day ever start early. It sure makes a difference when you're a young parent. Sure, you get tired, but you bounce back so much quicker than us older folks who DO get to return the grandkids to their rightful owners.
    Isn't it great to decide that, yes, son, you may grow your hair long if you wish. I hated what happened in our family re: the regimented look for children. We went overboard on the hair issue, and I still regret that ridiculous uniformity of appearance that was imposed on our children and, well, on ALL of us.
    Making your precious little ones the focal point of your existence is the key, IMHO. Decades later it hasn't changed for me.

Thank you all!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good Day to All!

Off to a housecleaning job - across the street. Later on I need to make arrangements to have a piano moved. Not too much happening today. Well, that could all change, of course. I'm OK with a day free of incident.
    How's your day going?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit