YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm just taking a break from building a website to record here that I put my porridge oats in the microwave to heat them up this morning - carefully following the instructions on the sachet, but they boiled over. Maybe its because I used full-skimmed milk instead of my usual semi-skim.

My days seldom get more entertaining than that at the moment but I look forward with hope to the time when almost every minute of every day brings happiness, joy and fun.

• Clam
    Clam

Hiya CoCo

Had a weird couple of days. Had a row with Mrs Clam and we're now not talking; had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday afternoon and haven't been able to eat anything other than tinned rice pudding for a few days. Just got back from a business meeting with a guy who wants me to help him fund and develop a coldfusion engine. Pondering whether to plant a grape vine in my garden at the weekend.

Clam.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Morning CoCo :)
    I've been dealing with family issues and wondering how many other witness families play needless 'mind games'. My little sister's pregnant and I'm very happy about that, but since she's a witness I wonder - will I ever even get to know the baby? With my parents and older sister pressuring her and everything I know it's only a matter of time, but I decided not let it bother me so much, whatever's going to happen will and I just need to accept that.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Oh Sad Emo!

My oatmeal boiled over, too, in the microwave, but I used full-fat (homogenized here in the USofA). So, from here on out, it's a pot on the range. Maybe it's a good thing that your life is no more exciting than that - you could develop high expectations! LOL!
    Thanx for sharing..............

Howdy Clam,

Hope by now you and the Missus are in dialogue-mode. I recall with sadness such days of domestic non-bliss. Mostly my fault, i.e., the perpetuating of the silent treatment. Maybe the planting of the vine will be a family project, and then a vineyard. Just now remembered "French Kiss" with Kevin Kline and his smuggling that precious rootstock back into France. Meg Ryan, his amour-to-be, was at his side. May it be likewise for you! Good hearing from you!

Greetings Miss Ann!

So good to hear from you - but sorry about the family issues. And now with a blessed event on the horizon. This is no time for pressure and discord, yet this is how some family members seem to operate - despite the emotional harm caused. I hope you can learn to "detach" - a technique I'm learning in a support group I belong to. Please stay in touch, as you are able!

Thank you, Dear Friends!

CoCo

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'll share what happened today. I went on the train this afternoon with my bike, and in the bike car was a conductor chatting with several passengers she apparently knew. She would get up at each stop to help people out, and then would go back to the seats to continue the chat. Eventually, I realized they were talking about religion, so naturally that piqued my interest. They had a variety of beliefs between the two of them, and the conductor was interested in comparing her beliefs with theirs. At first it seemed like a discussion between friends, and she seemed to truly be enjoying the conversation and learning about other points of view, but then I heard some rather familiar things. At one point, they were talking about how important it is to go to church. The conductor cited the scripture that said to "not forsake congregating together," and one of the guys heartily concurred, that you can't have religion just by myself. Then she started talking about how much she believes her faith, that it is the "truth" to her, that she has no doubt about what she believes is "truth". Hmmmm, that sounded like another buzz word.

She then had to leave to take care of a train stop, and then she went back and they started talking about the end times. One of the guys was adamant that the end is near, and mentioned how there is supposed to be an antichrist and that his number according to the Bible is 666. She said she didn't quite believe in that, but agreed that there would be a sign of the beast. The guy thought the sign could be a credit card or tattoo that would be placed on your forehead or hand. The cheery conductor said that she thought that the sign of the beast could be the American flag. Hmmmm, another J.W. buzzword. She said that it is the symbol of America and that people show reverance to this symbol, idolize it like they would a pop singer. The scruffy guy sitting across from her wouldn't have it. No way it could be a flag, he admitted that he was very patriotic and could be biased, but he could not see the flag that he loves being the sign of the beast. She then said how that makes her point, that he loves a symbol so much he cannot see it any other way.

Then they talked about how close the end is, whether there are clues about its closeness. The conductor asked them if they thought that we were still in the seventh day. She explained that there were six days of creation, and that God rested in the seventh day, and that time is running out of the seventh day. Then she had to get up as the train was coming to a stop, and this time it was my stop. I carried by bike off the train, and she beemingly wished me a great day. I then asked her if it was okay to ask a personal question, and asked, "What is your faith?"

"Jehovah's Witness," she said, smiling.

"I thought so," I said.

"Are you one too," she asked, perking up.

"No," I replied with an awkward smile. "Used to be."

And I rode off on my bike, thinking of what an interesting experience that was.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Interesting to read about everyone's day. Some gardeners out there - and some really busy people. Thanks for sharing.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi all.

I didn't have porridge for breakfast today - I chose a safer option!!

It's a beautiful day, sunny, not a cloud in sight but I'm working. Strangely this doesn't seem to be bothering me as much as it usually does. I'm raring to go, ready to meet my customers and to do some more website work in between.

Life's good in spite of whatever gets in the way.

• ninja
    ninja

well its saturday morning...10.10...kids are playing nintendo wii (we got one yesterday...had to go to braehead to get it...long story...don't ask)the postman just delivered a book....(releasing the bonds by steve hassan)it turns out its about cults...I thought it was about bondage....note to self...dont order books while drinking guinnii....muhahaha....I read a chapter of "a piece of blue sky" by jon atack earlier...it was about l ron and his dealings with alesteir crowley...and the OTO...there are levels in scientology called OT levels...I wonder if this is where he got the idea....hmmmm.....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Leolaia!

Yes, those buzz words are dead giveaways. I appreciated from your commentary how you chose to simply listen in and follow the dialogue from speaker to listener[s]. Excellent glimse into a JW putting his/her time to good use!
    Your conductor reminds me of myself on the New York subways, not talking to fellow passengers [too noisy], but writing letters to interested ones. It took so long to get to our service destination that I felt the need to get my time started earlier. I rarely got to sit, so I wrapped myself around a pole and wrote in upright fashion. I used this method mainly on non-Witness family as the penmanship did not reflect my script at its finest. Thanx for your wonderful story.

Hortensia and the potted tomato,

Yes many of us are avid gardeners, but I do pot culture on my deck for the most part due to our rampant deer population. Where I rent I'm allowed to garden [much to the delight of the landlord], so I've cleared out 20 years of overgrowth; I was the gardener on this property 20 years ago and nothing much was done during my absense. Also, I'm planting deer-resistant groundcovers as there's just too much dirt showing!
    Thanks for sharing once again!

Sad Emo

Bacon and eggs? One of your fellow citizens - Dame Margaret Rutherford [that zany, adorable actress] and her husband, James Stringer, used to have a ritual of midnight breakfasts of bacon and eggs at their home, Elm Close. That may be safer though less healthy than porridge. Smells better!
    Great to have you tuning in.

Ninja and Samuel Pepys....

We're having an officially sanctioned Trash and Treasures sale in our gated community this weekend. I was an early bird and snagged a collection of classics, including Samuel Pepys' diary - thanks for your mentioning it earlier. The intro states that there is no other book like it in the world. Little did he know how many eyes would read his frank story.
    Glad to read your latest....

CoCo

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

.....sipping my morning allotment of joe........simultaneously reading newspaper and computing........contemplating the day ahead, what should I do? Mr. Bee off to the golf course as usual..you'd think he was getting paid.............probably get in a yoga class this morning......then lotsa reading to be done.......so many books, so little time............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit