I'm going to be disfellowshipped on Wednesday

by Thinking of Leaving 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Thinking of Leaving, now you can change your name to "Have Left". You wrote that after you sister told you they were going to make the annoucement you had a bad week end. That very normal even if your mind knows that it's for the best you heart still has to get over it. It's like a death and you have to go through the mourning prosess. We all know that the WBTS is poison but some of the friendships made with JW are real and it will take time for you to get over the loss. Be easy on yourself for a while.

• Panda
    Panda

I'm THINKING that you should be CONGRATULATED !!!! HIP HIP HOOORAY. I'm happy for you and a big yes as to a party of some kind; don't bother telling the co-worker (you'll get over the urge to tell her soon so just hold out).

Take care and remember Living well is the best revenge.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Prepare yourself for some ugly times in the immediate future. Stay out in planet reality though; be more physically and socially active than you think you can cope with. Try to protect yourself from the immediate damage by distracting yourself for a little while. It takes a while to register just how big a deal it is.

• poppers
    poppers

"Is it just me, or after reading one of JamesThomas's posts, does everyone FEEL A BIT MORE ENLIGHTENED?"..................... I hope it's not just you, and I suspect it isn't. The value of JamesThomas's posts is that they can do just that because they cut right through the mind and its tendency to spin stories and lead you to a direct awareness of what's actually real. They are cool breezes on hot muggy days, gently drawing you away from the distractions of self-created turmoil, only to reveal the peace of one's Being.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I don't think I could of done this without the help of this forum. Thanks so much for your support. My mom is the only JW in my family and while she's disappointed, she said I'm still her daughter and that will never change. She respects my wishes to live my life to suit me now. I've been in this repressed religion since I was 14 (on my own, mom only got baptized 3 years ago) and I really don't know what's out there but I'm eager to find out.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

it shouldn't be that bad then if it's just your mom that's in. Basically it's just a matter of finding a new set of friends. You'll have your family now as well since you can associate with them freely.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Your going to find out alot of differant things now that you are out of the organization. My only encouragement to you is that you continue to find out many of the reasons why the JWs are so very very wrong. It is so sad when people leave the Watchtower without realizing how wrong they really where. Many carry around a huge amount of guilt with them because they never have given it all up.

Don't let them shame you into coming back. Work past the guilt and you will find a wonderful new life ahead of you.

• windchime
    windchime

Hi Thinking of Leaving.

I remember I myself confessed and went to attend JC twice.

I merely remember the what the elder told me.

Even after DFd JW rule not to browse apostate site had caught me for around three years.

Those sites helped me a lot to be free from all craps.

You are lucky to be here in your difficult situation.

Wish you a success in your new life!

windchime

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Congratulations!

Sounds like a celebration is in order!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings TOL,

If all it feels is "weird" that's a good thing. Just think they've done the worst they can do to you. Those meaningless, assholes. Fuck their announcement.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit