I'm going to be disfellowshipped on Wednesday

by Thinking of Leaving 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

oh dear

tomorrow is the big day but I won't be there to hear it, I'm hoping my one JW friend who intends to continue talking and hanging out with me can give me the details. Right now it's quite surreal what's happening to me. The good side, now I have so much time on my hands, I don't know what to do with it. Actually I'm quite busy

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"even if your mind knows that it's for the best you heart still has to get over it"

Very well said!

I liked the suggestion to tie a bunch of balloons all over your front door/gate. View it as a rebirth, a chance to find a new you, and celebrate! You'll feel sad too, but that will pass when you find out how much nicer the world is without the org., and what nice people are out there.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Today is Wednesday and I have a huge knot in my stomach. People will be talking tonight, about me i.e., after the meeting. There is a one day assembly this weekend and people who knew me will get to find out. You all know how word spreadsI'm so scared today, it's not funny.

• free2think
    free2think

I bet lots of them, esp your peers and the ones who are growing up and just starting to question things, will be thinking 'damn I wish I was her.' You could be starting them on the road to freedom also.

hugs

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I was wondering how you are doing - too bad you aren't here so we could go out and entertain ourselves somehow! Maybe you ought to get out and do something physical so you are tired and sleep tonight - and you can distract yourself from how you are feeling. It just takes time to get over stuff like this, so keeping busy helps. I'll be thinking about you.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Spend time with friends. Keep your mind busy in constructive thoughts and projects.

This is GOOD. You will know after some time.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I never once had any regrets and only wish I had left earlier.

Congradulations on your new mental and emotional freedom!

• lrkr
    lrkr

I don't know the exact feeling- but if its the same as the knot I've had in my stomach recently over my issues with the borg- let me assure you- the anticipation and "pre-stress" is nothing compared to the feeling of freedom and relaxation after its over.

All the best!

• anewme
    anewme

Well today is Thursday and so..........what happened TOL?

I thought of you all day yesterday while I was at work.

I wished you had some of us to be with afterwards, to go out with or just comfort you.

Did they DF you? Or did you get a reprimand and reproving?

Hope you are in a good space today, you poor thing! What an ordeal!

Anewme

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

HI everyone, my night wasn't as bad as I thought. I had a relaxing evening at the park, watched the ducks swim around in the pond and really enjoyed the outdoors. It was a beautiful sunny day here. When the elders came on Saturday they said that they will make the announcement next week, I'm only GUESSING, this meant last night. I called my JW friend and she didn't attend the meeting, she was ill (yeah right)lol. So right now I"m not ABSOLUTELY sure they announced my DF, but I felt in my heart last night that they did. How do I feel? I don't think the reality has hit me yet, it won't until I see JW's completely ignorning me when I walk down the street. My new freedom is hard for me to accept, for now I'm not sure what to do with it. Did you all know that I don't have any non JW friends? The only friend I have right now is my boyfriend. I miss the companionship of my female friends. I know I will make more but it's going to take a while. I don't trust people very easily and I feel sometimes like I don't fit in with the world. Thanks to all of you for your support, I really wish I could of met with some of you, to share these feelings we all have in common.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit