I'm going to be disfellowshipped on Wednesday

by Thinking of Leaving 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

ahm well you raised some valid points on the way out, but in my heart I feel I AM ready to do this. I feel no guilt whatsoever and if I had gone to the JC I would not be sorry or feel repentant. In the long run being DF is the best thing for me. I no longer have to be ashamed of anything and I am free to walk the road without fear or intimidation. I think I should consider moving though, I don't want to see my "friends" around the neighbourhood

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

You are a freedom fighter, a hero.You are fighting against an evil enemy,regardless of who they think they are.The wachtower is one of the devils agents,masters of deception.When they kick you out they will be doing you a big favour and in years to come you will realize just what a lucky escape you had.You may not see things clearly now but given the distance of time you will.

There are truer friends out there ,who will travel with you through thick and thin,friends who will not be so judgemental,they are the ordinary or should I say extraordinary people ,from all walks of life ,whom the jw's would look down upon.You will make friends again they are out there just waiting to be discovered.As you go on life's journey of discovery look for the threads of gold and ignore the dross that answers to the name ,watchtower, an organization which can't even understand a simple instruction which says " nobody knows the hour or day of our Lords return."- just to give one example.

People are leaving the witnesses every day but the org. do not publish those figures.Imagine if you could work inside the headquarters and see the records of how many jack it in because they realize they have been fooled,not for just for a few isolated instances, but for decades.

As for the reason they disfellowship you. Tell them It's between you and God and that you will make peace with God with out their help thank you very much.

May the peace of the Lord be always with you.

Edmond.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just wanted to be sure you were looking at this with full knowledge.
    It sounds like you are ready for your freedom from WTS to start.

Enjoy your life. Congratulations.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thinking,

I'm glad you're "ready" for this..some people aren't, because of family and friends. Do you have many JW relatives ? And, if so, how do you think they'll treat you ?

I hope the best for you. You're on a good journey, put on your hiking boots and enjoy the sights. The world is not as bad as the WT would like you to think it is and most of the Worldly People ™ are good people.

Enjoy them !

Rabbit

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I certainly hope the best for you, once the shock wears away just think of all that you can now do. Walk into a CHURCH, go to sports games, listen to anykind of music you want, watch anykind of movie you want, don't have to get up early on Saturday for service, Sunday for meetings, Tuesday, Thursday nights are all yours. No special day meeting, conventions, assemblies...the list goes on and on.

Just take time to learn about yourself. We were all so defined by our religious belief, that it is hard to really know ourselves, and what makes up happy. LIfe is in front of you now, instead of believing that life is waiting for the "new system." Enjoy it and good luck!!!!

Leslie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I expect your emotions will be all over the map for a while. You'll get through it and you'll be a happier person. I think the advice everyone has suggested is good, so I can't really offer anything more except to say that you ought to post your feelings and experiences on this forum. It can be quite helpful just to unload to people who understand what you are talking about. I've even made an ass of myself in several posts and still feel that everyone here is kind and compassionate.

As for the person at work, maybe being straight forward is the best way to go. Just tell the person you didn't want her to be taken by surprise, and that your feelings won't change and you plan to be professional at work, and the rest is up to her. If she gets difficult, you might speak to your supervisor. Religious discrimination or harassment is against the law.

Best wishes for you! Free at last!

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Yea, how can you not feel great after knowing you're being let out of jail??...

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Hey, put some balloons filled with helium, tied to the outside of where you live, like on the mailbox, fence, railings whatever. They'll know you're lettin' loose and not bothered at all!, in fact rejoicing in it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive, but congratulations are in order. In some ways, you are to be envied. You now have closure. You can focus on living your life.

Best wishes friend,

Nvr

• free2beme
    free2beme

The beginning of your time free, is never a positive one at the time. In fact, it kind of sucks. In time though, you will see it as a step in to a much larger world and be thankful it happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit