I'm going to be disfellowshipped on Wednesday

by Thinking of Leaving 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

the elders cames to my home on Saturday and I didn't answer the door, so they told my sister to relay the message

the message was "you know what it's about, we're going to make the announcement next meeting"

I knew it was coming...but it feels so weird

Didn't have a great weekend after that.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Try to see it as a positive. No more hiding. You can be a whole person now. Celebrate the sevrance when you feel up to it!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Regardless of the problems a DF will cause, the separation from others- start now to think of the
    freedom you will truly have.

And a big hug goes to you. Keep coping- lean on those that do care.

Oh, just to stretch it out, you could be a thorn in their side by filing an appeal.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Rejoice and be glad that you will soon be out from under the control of the demons who actually belive they are Christian.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You sign on as "Thinking of Leaving." It sounds like the decision has been made. Congratulations!! You should consider this very good news.

• Scully
    Scully

On the one hand, the Elders™ are sneaky bastards for going through your sister to get to you.

On the other hand, now you can invite your friends and family to join you on Monday or Tuesday for a nice restaurant dinner and let them know that you love them and want nothing but happiness for them and for you, and that you will always be there for them. You can beat the elders to the punch by taking advantage of as much Association™ as possible before they make the announcement on Wednesday night. You have an opportunity that a lot of people don't have, because in many cases the Elders™ don't bother to inform people of their decision to make an announcement. They didn't tell us that they were going to announce that Mr Scully had "written a letter" and DAd himself (complete fabrication) - we found out almost a year after the fact.

I think a kind of "send off dinner" would be an awesome way to kick off your newfound freedom.

It would also give you an opportunity to leave the door open to people who might wish to seek you out if they begin to have their own doubts.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Welcome to freedom!

No more need to avoid the elders. This is a cause for rejoicing, not regret

dedpoet

• anewme
    anewme

Thank goodness you have this forum while you are leaving the cult! So many of us did not have ANYTHING, NO INTERNET, NO FRIENDS, NO JOBS, NO MONEY, NO HOME, NO FAMILY, AND THE MOST HURTFUL OF ALL-----NO GOD!!!

The next few days after Wednesday will feel weird, surreal. Come here and post your feelings. The responses will calm you and help you to gain a solid healthy perspective.

The Watchtower Society is a publishing company, a business. You are merely quitting a dumb non paying volunteer job. Big deal!!

Welcome to the forum!!! You will be OK!!!!

Anewme

• Plummet
    Plummet

Please remember that there is always sunshine above the clouds.

alt

Nothing lasts forever, Not even your troubles.

• Mary
    Mary

TOL, write a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper and outline what the elders said, what they're going to do to you and what it means. Good chance to warn the reading public of what this cult does to a person's life if you dare to question them. It won't change the elders' minds, but it'll give them more bad publicity. And lets face it----they can never get enough of that.

I'd also order a few extra large pizzas to the KH on the night that they announce it. Assholes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit