I'm going to be disfellowshipped on Wednesday

by Thinking of Leaving 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheListener
    TheListener

Congratulations Thinking. It's like taking off a band-aid. One fell swoop and it's over.

Me?, I'm fading and it's like slowly taking off a large piece of duct tape.

Seriously, you are to be commended for sticking up for yourself and not attending their kangaroo court proceedings.

I'm glad you found this board and that you found it so helpful.

I would never have been able to complete my fade if I hadn't found this board.

Good luck on your future.

• anewme
    anewme

Oh TOL, we were all worried for you but the evening went on without you I guess. That may have been the best route. I attended my dfing announcement and it became surreal for sure. Very grotesque. Im sure it hurt my psyche a little.

I dont think one should subject herself to such treatment if she doesnt have to.
    So, good for you sweetie!

Now about friends. Dont worry. They will come. Inside every worldly person beats a human heart

Good thing you have JWD! Post here as you heal from your years in the borg!

Congratulations Thinking of Leaving on your new freedom!

Anewme

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Congrats!

You are going to find out how much more there is to life other than being a slave to an organization! Best wishes on your new found freedom.

I hope you continue to come back to the board so that you can continue to work past everything the organizaton has put in you. Sometimes there are things we find out about the way we think that are actually the result of being JW and we don't even realize it. Continue on the road you are on, the big part is over but there will still be lots of little things you will have to clear up over time.

• bebu
    bebu
    I really wish I could of met with some of you, to share these feelings we all have in common.

ToL, if you are in Alberta I believe that there are a lot of folks from this board up there. It's very likely that you may meet quite a few if you wish. Apostafests are ways to meet folks, too.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/73268/1172455/post.ashx#1172455

bebu

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

I don't trust people very easily and I feel sometimes like I don't fit in with the world.

I think that this is very common amongst freshly outed JW's.

Your taught to be no part of the world. They've created an us verse them mentality. They coin words like "worldly".

They paint the outside world as a place that members can't fit into. Throw in a close commune of like minded individuals and it allows identity and comfort to be found on the inside and a loss of identity, confusion, and fear on the outside.

Don't sweat it. All of this goes away. You will be just fine.

Do something you've always wanted to. Pick up a hobbie, go to school, follow a dream, but just do something.

In doing something you will meet some real people along the way who will become amazing friends.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's Friday - how's it going? do you feel better? I'm glad your evening wasn't so bad after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit