I'm going to be disfellowshipped on Wednesday

by Thinking of Leaving 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Woot!! Good for you.

Is it just me, or after reading one of JamesThomas's posts, does everyone feel a little bit more enlightened?

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

It's not that easy on the way out, she sends me emails special articles about JW's, experiences and so on, she comes and tells me of the latest gossip about people we both know. I think I have to tell her, the other day she asked me how many were at the memorial and when our assembly is, I didn't go to the memorial this year and do not know when the assembly is/was, I don't want those ackward moments to repeat themselves, know what I mean?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It's not that easy on the way out, she sends me emails special articles about JW's, experiences and so on, she
    comes and tells me of the latest gossip about people we both know. I think I have to tell her, the other day she
    asked me how many were at the memorial and when our assembly is, I didn't go to the memorial this year and
    do not know when the assembly is/was, I don't want those ackward moments to repeat themselves, know what I mean?

Yeah, it is not easy. Still, you don't have to give her permission to shun you.

"I am not going to the Kingdom Hall anymore for the time being?"

"Why not?"

"I just need a break, don't wish to talk about it."

"Are you DF'ed....Do you still believe.... What's really going on?......., etc....."

"I just need a break, don't wish to talk about it."

Just a suggestion. You do what needs to be done, but it's going to be rough. If she's a faithful JW, things will
    get awkward. You can always tell her that you haven't changed, so if she can't deal with it, she should quit.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

When I knew my announcement was imminent...I wrote letters to all my close friends and JW family members telling them what was coming and why it was coming. I beat the elders to the punch. THEN after I had sent those letters was when I sent my letters to the Elders DAing myself. So there was no reason for my friends not to read my letter and the choice was of course theirs whether to or not but I did not let the Elders vilify me and make up stories about WHY I decided to leave...which is what they do.

So...contact everybody you care about and set the story straight. Then know that you are NO LONGER under the auspices of any self righteous man made organization and your life is a clean slate. They were never given the right to judge or execute judgement against you on behalf of God so what they think and what they do matters as much as what BUSH thinks about anything :)

Celebrate my friend...embrace the freedom.

• DJK
    DJK

Wow for James Thomas. Good stuff there.

Mary. Yah, I'd like to see publicity that makes people aware of how bad the JWs are for people. Still a tough call that you have to make regarding yourself, family and friends.

Coworkers? IMO, talk to that individual before they hear it at the KH. Call it a bottle of rain, you both need to understand that you have to have a certain level of association in a coworker environment and anything beyond that would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I should be the one shedding tears for her, she's suffered from depression for years being in this religion. Most of the "sisters" from my hall were depressed. And to top it off, I heard the first guy I ever loved got engaged....what a weekend

If you need to shed a tear, I recommend it. It's good medicine.

As for that first guy, I had a first gal when I was a JW and I had to attend her wedding. 33 years ago and I survived.

• minimus
    minimus

Why'd u get df'd??? (if I might ask)

• free2think
    free2think

Congrats and Good Luck, enjoy your jw free future.

• Gerard
    Gerard

TOL,

I disagree with the people advicing to appeal or write to local newspapers. Take care of you, your new found freedom and discover the confidence within. By all means talk to all your family before the anouncement. Talk to your non-JW friends and use all the support available.

Freedom from a religious cult is matter for celebration.

Think of what you know. Not of what you fear.

G

• moshe
    moshe

T of L- well just pretend thet you have just been drummed out of the French Foreign Legion! No more meetings, no more field service no more boring assemblies, no more weekend hikes though the neighborhood selling WT literature.

You are free now - be happy!

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

wow, you guys are great! Minimus I was DF for immorality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit