I'm going to be disfellowshipped on Wednesday

by Thinking of Leaving 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

I just read your first posts again.... good for you for refusing to indulge their perverted little junta. They don't really NEED all the details. They aren't supposed to pry - it should be enough that you informed them.

They're probably DFing you mainly because they're annoyed that they didn't get to have any jollies at your expense.

• Brigid
    Brigid

I'm sorry if this is a negative experience for you but I hope that all unfolds as it should and you are well.

My first thought at reading the title of the thread was:

Congratulations!!

Mazel Tov!!

But I do not mean to make light of your situation. We are here.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Hi Moshe, I really do feel free, it was such a burden to attend the meetings and the conventions as you say just bored me. I can't imagine what it was like going to a 7 day convention, that would of been brutal. I feel like my life is just beginning and I can't wait to see what the future holds

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Hi Brigid, thanks for your kind words. This forum has really helped me to deal with this. I won't regret this decision, the only regret I have is that I'm losing a few valuable friends. Now my challenge is to make new ones in the "world" but I'm sure I won't have any trouble.

• minimus
    minimus

Remember what "true friends" will do for you--------no matter what. These aren't real friends.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Hi Scully, I went and confessed to two elders at the kingdom hall, then they set up the JC but I never showed up for the meeting. I knew it was enough for them to DF seeing as I had confessed. Incidentally, that was over two months ago, they sure waited a long time to DF me.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Thinking of Leaving a.k.a. "done gone" : )

Well, count not a few of us on your new friends list!

You're gonna love it. The realization of what real friends are (you don't have to hide--and if you do feel like you do, dump them and move on!--you're not trapped into seeing people who do not care for the Real You 5 nights a week) your life is yours to engineer from this point forward. People and experiences now come in by your admittance only.

Stay safe, be well. Keep hanging around here! Someday, you're going to be writing to someone who just exited the stagnant, moldy womb of JW'-ism, you will reach out a hand in the dark and let them know it's okay--you been there!

Blessings,

~Brigid

• done4good
    done4good

Best thing that can happen to you!

j

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Its not a sentence to death........its a sentence to

LIFE

purps

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I went and confessed to two elders at the kingdom hall, then they set up the JC but I never showed up for the
    meeting. I knew it was enough for them to DF seeing as I had confessed. Incidentally, that was over two months
    ago, they sure waited a long time to DF me.

You confessed, so they hoped you would show up for the JC. Cooperation shows repentance. They probably were
    hoping not to DF you, but to keep you under the WTS thumb. A reproved sinner will do as they say, keep selling
    magazines. A DF'ed person will walk away free. They waited as they tried to contact you, or waited as they hoped
    you would contact them.

Since you walked away, you probably want to keep walking. If you aren't ready for a DF, you need to immediately submit
    a letter requesting an appeal. You can simply say, "I was distraught and unable to face you guys again after the
    first meeting with two elders. I am repentant and would like an appeal. I will show up." I don't recommend this- I only
    mention it if it is your desire to pursue it.

If all they have is a confession, you could win the appeal. But then there's that reproof and staying under WTS's thumb.
    You walked away after confessing. Is that your desire? Are you ready to be finished with their control over you?
    If "YES" enjoy your freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit