Knocking forum is now open on PBS website

by Jourles 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I had a tough time getting registered...but I finally managed and I left a few "thoughts" there.

hugs,

Annie

• rebel8
    rebel8

I pasted a bunch of quotes from jw literature about their support of the Nazis and many racist comments. It was just quotes from their literature with my one comment that people should decide for themselves what the history of the jws-Nazis really is. The quotes directly contradict the things said in "Knocking".

The mod deleted the thread and announced a new rule that posting quotes is not the purpose of the forum.

IOW: We are allowed ONLY to post our opinions, NOT FACTUAL QUOTES FROM JW TEACHINGS, if they contradict their movie.

(FYI, Don't think the movie producers didn't know about these quotes before they decided to produce this "documentary". I and some others sent them the quotes waaaay before the film was finalized, and we received email confirmation that they were received.)

FWIW here are URLs with quotes I posted:
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/watchtower_quotes/oscillating-truths/nazi_conciliation/

http://jwinfo.8m.com/brochures/brochure%20are%20JWs%20loving.doc

http://jwinfo.8m.com/brochures/brochure%20Are%20JWs%20rational.doc

http://jwinfo.8m.com/brochures/brochure%20medical%20teachings.doc

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

bttt

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I find it really funny that the apologists show up the same day it gets posted here. Methinks the apologists lurk on these forums. tsk tsk.

• abbagail
    abbagail

I went to take and look and was incensed to read the "Announcement" by "Jen" that no scripture-quoting or, I assume, WT quotes because it is strictly for CONVERSATION to discuss the documentary. After Rebel went to all that trouble, grrrr. So I read around a bit, but couldn't stomach the brain-dead-bone-heads today, just not in the mood for them.

I feel sorry for the guy who made the documentary. He's obviously duped by his mother's blind devotion to the WT. So his docu parades the 3 "high points" that the WT loves to pride itself on: Holocaust, Medicine, and I forget the third, was it Neutrality? (I read the entire site a week ago but forgot already).

Oh, and btw, earlier today I was surfing around the net, and saw a big banner ad for a PBS 4-part documentary re: the OTHER CULT, the MORMONS.

Are all cults coming out of the No-TV-Woodwork all the sudden? Sounds like the devil is working overtime to get all "his boys" on the plasma-screen. Since it said Mormons have 12 million, and the WT has only 6, the Mormons get a 4-part docu whereas the JWs only got a 1-hour show).

/ag

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Mormons are more interesting. They own Utah and huge shares in international companies.

When your members tithe it's better to encourage them to get well paying jobs.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I find it really funny that the apologists show up the same day it gets posted here. Methinks the apologists lurk on these forums. tsk tsk.

Wasn't THAT a hoot? I thought the same thing!

I spent over an hour searching for a particular quote---and when I got back to the site---I saw the "announcement" too....(sigh). I don't quite understand the reasoning on this, but whattaya gonna do? It IS a bit tedious hearing the same-old same-old lame excuses for "why the WTS does something".....but what ELSE have they got BUT lame excuses, LOL! THIS is why WE got out!

• carla
    carla

Hey Sunspot,

I'm carly over there, my name was already taken. Magnus is leaving because he finally caught on that he should not be posting and mixing with us evil one on the internet.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Saddly no non witness will ever read that forum because nobody cares about Knocking.

I wonder if magnus could be baited into posting again?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    ~Magnus is leaving because he finally caught on that he should not be posting and mixing with us evil one on the internet.

Awww.....poor baby! Couldn't stand up for his "beliefs" very long, could he? I get so tired of the YOU HATE US nonsense when they can't think of a good defense on showing how foolish their teachings are.....when we can hand it right back to them to show WHO is being hateful!

Thanks, Carly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit