Knocking forum is now open on PBS website

by Jourles 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The mod's later comments were:

"Thanks for your question and participation. Since conversations began just recently on this forum, I have contemplated offering my thoughts as an observer, but at the same time am aware that I represent PBS and Independent Lens.

The viewing of KNOCKING has been my first real exposure to Jehovah's Witnesses, and honestly I would not have expected to see the discussions that are being presented on this forum.

I struggle with maintaining an outlet here for free speech and with the disappointment of seeing so much anger present. It is of course fair for someone to say that since I have had no previous exposure to Jehovah's Witnesses I cannot understand what some think are negative aspects of their practices and beliefs. However, in response to your question about what is the reaction of a neutral party, I am surprised and overwhelmed by the converations that I'm seeing here.

I will leave it at that for now, but will be back with more info on the future of the forum. "

======

Honestly, some ex-witnesses will challenge any opinion that isn't blazingly critical of the Witnesses. Having no exposure to witnesses she posted the facts as they were presented in the Knocking video. She had no reason to dispute them. I don't think it's really fair to attack her actions as biased.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

If Knocking or PBS don't like to hear the truth from experienced persons, why do they ask for it???

I have to agree with this. I had the same idea that Jgnat did, that she wouldn't offer an opinion on something she hadn't seen as yet---but we both (apparently) realized that the conversations had indeed begun before several of the posters HAD seen it.....but were discussing aspects of the WTS theology anyway.

I saw that Jen was having difficulty with all the "negative press" the WTS was getting on the board, and that she had no idea what she had stepped into as moderator of a board on which she knew zero about the beliefs OF that religion.

Funny---but NOT so funny---was the fact that just as every OTHER board where you find JW and former JWs discussing WTS policies and doctrine----you also see that seldom are ANY REAL QUESTIONS about these were discussed---but actually ignored. I am hoping that THIS was not overlooked by the moderator OR the JWs themselves.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting find: "stu" from the forum *seems* to be someone at wt headquarters, if he is the same guy posting press releases under the name Stuart Chamberlain.

Below is a URL to search results, look for Stuart Chamberlain and see the ones he's wrote. He left an email address too, if you click on his name.

http://www.pressbox.co.uk/cgi-bin/links/search.cgi?query=jehovah&bool=and&substring=0&mh=100

Oh, I guess he didn't just fall off the turnip truck: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/91459/1.ashx

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Our aim is that everything is fair and accurate. We show both the ups and downs, including what it is like for Witnesses who have unbelieving or opposing family members, and how divided families can find common ground. -- Joel P. Engardio. Producer/Director

After watching the trailers in YouTube, I am sure Knocking is WT propaganda made from a director that aknowledged to be born a JW.

• carla
    carla

"how divided families can find common ground"-- what a load of crap!

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Below is a URL to search results, look for Stuart Chamberlain and see the ones he's wrote.

This is really funny considering that his "press releases" consist of him cutting & pasting an entire wt article! I see he hasn't changed one bit in over two years time. He still couldn't formulate his own opinions on the Knocking board. He merely posted links or c&p'd wt quotes. Amazing research capability there. I swear he and "sklemetti" were one in the same.

• sf
    sf
    the film's premiere on Independent Lens on May 22, 2007.

Good to know.

HEY "STUUUUU-EEEEE!!!" Ha ha!!

sKally

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I swear he and "sklemetti" were one in the same.

Yeah....I thought so too. Sklemetti has been around as long as I can recall----he used to email me years ago just when I was losing ground in defending the WTS doctrine and policies online, and "going to the other side" on a board that is no longer functioning. His (their) comments recently on the PBS board were very strange....stuff that didn't make sense---on the use of the term WTS that he said was not JWs....or some such weird garbage. I got so I stopped trying to make any sense out of anything he posted.He got to be like an annoying fly that kept landing on the monitor....

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Sunspot,

Klemetti converses as though he’s about to jump out of his skin. My guess is he has some nervous disorder. He does tend to be eccentric, based on his comments. His analytical skill needs no introduction. His work speaks for itself.

Marvin Shilmer

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I think Jen locked the forum because she's afraid the critical facts about the Watchtower may anger and discourage viewers from watching Knocking when it does air. I'm happy we were able to get the information in while it lasted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit