Knocking forum is now open on PBS website

by Jourles 71 Replies latest jw friends

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

well it only took me one day to get banned on the PBS board. i didn't waste any time. i went straight for the modorator. Jen. i called him out about deleting wt qoutes. the guy is a big cry baby. and i said so. he's a wt ass kisser. john

• Gerard
    Gerard

I have a feeling that someone will eventually go to Wikipedia and fix the inacuracies in its article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocking_(documentary )

• Gerard
    Gerard

PBS' forum on Knocking is now "locked". (???)

• carla
    carla

Looks all locked up! The auction is starting on our PBS this weekend. Anyone notice PBS actually does have commercials now?

• Gerard
    Gerard

Looks like PBS did not like the knowledgable feedback.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Looks like PBS did not like the knowledgable feedback.

Looks like you are right.

I am glad we had the opportunity to say what we did while we could.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Since launch, the lively debates seen here have been largely related to the Jehovah's Witnesses faith as a whole, with minimal posting and participation about the film KNOCKING.

The goal of the KNOCKING discussion forum, as listed in the Standards of Use, is to "discuss your responses to the film and Web site with us and with each other."

As a result, this forum will be inactive until the film's premiere on Independent Lens on May 22, 2007. At that time, we will welcome viewers to share their reactions and thoughts about the film.

from jen on the forum

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

Looks like you are right.

I am glad we had the opportunity to say what we did while we could.

Such ignorance and arrogance to be proud of distancing yourself from a mod who literally had zero contact, bias or care in the world about the JW faith. Hopefully that will serve as a lesson toward the JW- Ex JW civility problems. Hate to say it, but I think X-Jws are more guilty in this regard. JWs who interrupt are usually just rubes whining about "hate" speech at every turn, often needlessly, and not the source of this problem.

1.)Arrogant to think that everything JW related should be about you and your story, even when totally ignoring the major point of the board. We can call that disresectful too.

2.)Ignorant to think you have done a good thing. PBS and Independent Lens is a respectful and dignified series that has a varied and informative format. People have and are trashing "knocking" before seeing it.. If they think that you went overboard, just learn from it, don't argue with that sentiment, just look at the facts of the situation.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hate to say it, but I think X-Jws are more guilty in this regard.

XJWs are an angry lot with alot to say! But, are we ruder, more disrespectful of JWs? Ask an ex-JW who was shunned, not invited to funerals, weddings, births, etc. Yes, XJWs are an angry lot with alot to say. And, that can make them a ruder and a tad disrepectful of JW propaganda.

Skeeter

• Gerard
    Gerard
    [...] a moderator who literally had zero contact, bias or care in the world about the JW faith. -Death to the Pixels

BULLSHIT!

Jen (the moderator) stated zero previous knowledge about JW doctrines and has not looked for information from a second source, yet she is biased and defended the documentary because she was CONVINCED (or told) of its accuracy.

They posted a few trailers on YouTube where you clearely get the pro-JW slant with MINIMUM critique on the substancial issues. She ignored and prevented/moderated the multiple posts explaining that the documentary omited all controversial topics like shunning, 2-witness rule, not honoring the authority of police to investigate crimes, suicide-inducing policies, discouraging higher studies, etc. After stating it is "not a cult" she and all JWs avoided to discuss the definitions of a cult as "beyond the scope of the filml" and purpose of the discussion board.

Talking of what the film did not include is more revealing than what they chose to show.

Jen (mod) wrote:

KNOCKING takes a balanced approach, and fair criticism is addressed. It does not promote nor does it denigrate. All historical and medical facts are accurate and fairly presented in the film.

• Their victories in the Supreme Court that allows the WT to wake people up on Sunday at 8:00 AM, and portray this as a major advancement in human rights from which all American society "benefit" is hipocritical.
    • WT's medical research is "accurate"????????
    • WT's history was not even mentioned. How about 5 min in the film to talk about their Pyramidology? Vaccines are Satanic? Independent thinking invented by Satan? How many people have died by rejecting organs or blood? How about the long chain of failed "A" prophesies? How about a look at Beth Sarim? Their thoughts on Psychology? Or the 2-Witness rule protecting criminals from police? While they are at it, why not mention that the United Natios is the Beast/Harlot?
    • The public will be enlightened to know "that the media is pro-Satan". Yet, the WT is gladly using it through Knocking as their image damage control .

Keep in mind the director was raised a JW. Keep in mind the moderator is on his payrol (literaly). But I aknowledge that Jen in her ignorance in the subject has tried to keep the discussion civil, it does not mean that she can keep it POSSITIVE.

If Knocking or PBS don't like to hear the truth from experienced persons, why did they ask for it???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit