Knocking forum is now open on PBS website

by Jourles 71 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Give it a try! Oh, jw's must care about Knocking, I found a knocking site left up on my jw's computer, didn't have time to look though.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I wonder if magnus could be baited into posting again?

Teeheehee....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Anyone know the recent article that shows that higher education is still a no-no?

• carla
    carla

If you want it for the Knocking forum you don't need it, they won't allow you to actually use their own literature to prove a point. Your own words are fine.You can mention which publication if you care to.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm only interested in supplying a parenthetical reference, that's all. I'm not posting quotes.

• moshe
    moshe

I usually hammer JW's on this one point: They have no public charities. They are a billion dollar religious publishing corporation that only manages to organize some storm related JW home repair squads, in exchange for their insurance checks using JW volunteer labor, which makes this just a "roofing for profit" enterprise for the WT Society. JW's know there is no defense for this total lack of public charities and I would ask a JW who is reading this," What would Jesus do with a billion dollars?" The WT Society pays lip service to the several hundred Bible verses that command us to take care of the poor, the sick , elderly, widows and orphans. If God has a judgement day, it will be an especially harsh one for JW's and their mother organization.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'll probably tune in to this documentary on May 22 just out of morbid curiosity.

Interesting quote from the website:

KNOCKING offers Jehovah’s Witnesses as one example of how groups with increasingly polarizing religious and social views can peacefully coexist.

Since when were Jehovah's Witnesses NOT polarizing? They have incited hate against themselves, and certain political and religious groups have been very ready to react to the accusatory and hateful things the JW's have printed since their inception.

This documentary will fool some watchers into thinking they're not all that bad. Maybe that'll sell some more WT literature for a while.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I'm ashamed to say it, but they got to me. I posted a response: http://discussions.pbs.org/viewtopic.pbs?p=550547#550547 --- Fat lot of good it'll do...

• aoxo
    aoxo

is this going to be on pbs? i couldn't find it scheduled on that websight to be on pbs. i want to see this documentary.

• carla
    carla

Jen, the mod is removing most negative posts anyway. If you post play nicey nice and she may let it stay up. Not all PBS stations are airing it. Write your local one and tell them not to, would be my suggestion. But I am biased of course. I don't feel public dollars should help the wt cult in any way, shape or form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit