According to Oct.1st 2012 WT Directions- Past Child Molesters CAN Be Appointed Elders

by flipper 86 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

truthseekerIam - "It really upsets me that no matter how much pressure they are under regarding the child molestation issue they refuse to change their dangerous policies and procedures. They truly are digging their own graves!"

It upsets you that they're digging their own graves?

I certainly don't mind.

• scary21
    scary21

Another related point...The 2 witness rule. I was watching a video the other day showing them saying the 2 witness rule is in the bible and they can not go beyond the things written

If that is REALLY the case....why don't they follow the bible rule where is says after going to your brother then bring it to the whole congregation. (instead of in secret )

They are willing to go beyond the things written in that matter but will NOT with the 2 witness rule. Oh no, not the 2 witness rule !!!! WHY ????? Maybe because the 2 witness rule makes it easier to molest children. SICK !

• Kanon
    Kanon

Another interesting point I found is its not just letters but there is also verbal instruction as well as instruction given at elders school that has even less of a paper trail.

This point was brought out in the Richard Ashe deposition this is Zalkin reading from a paragraph in an outline for a elders school.

Q. In that it says, "When one fills his mind with the many wholesome, good, virtuousand loveable things of God's word, such a one is strengthened and refreshed," and it cites Psalms 19, 7, 8, and 14. "Experience proves that constant rehashing of past abuse has a discouraging effect. It is not wise for one to indiscriminately divulge ones past bad experiences to others in the congregation, nor to get together with others for what some view as group therapy. Talking indiscriminately to others about child abuse, may result in circulating damaging and harmful talk. Such talk may be slanderous if proof of alleged wrongdoing is lacking."

Interesting is the last point Slanderous comments is a disfellowshiping offence, so if a victim of abuse was to continually talk about the case with others in the congregation (non-elders that is talking to elders about anything even if there is little evidence is not slander, this would also include talking with authorities) they could face a judicial committee if they were "LACKING" in evidence of the wrongdoing.
  • violias
    violias

Thanks Flipper for this topic. I know I can count on you and others to keep this conversation going.

Yes Kanon, that is exactly what they do, Silence the abused and guilt them into forgiving and mostly keeping quiet. . After all, they ( the victim) is not perfect either. Straight out of Pedophile Grooming 101.

I knew in late 80's that this day would arrive. I told a BOE that the day was coming when all the vile things they have hid would be exposed. It has taken a while but the day has arrived . My hubby reminds me that Al Capone ( mafia mob boss) was ultimately arrested and put in prison NOT for mafia crimes but for tax evasion. It always comes down to money . Exposure of their corrupt practices and being sued for all the money they told us they did not have.

• karter
    karter

Flipper,I had a conversation with the Elders in my old congro about child molesters going from door to door.

The WTS has decided that its ok for them to go in F.S but imagine this Bro child molester starts a study with a family after a time the father finds out he is a child molester is around his family how do you think YOU would fell if you were that father ??

Naturally they tried to doge the question.

I said if i see any of the 2 child molesters in this congro going into anyone house ill be telling them.

Its not up to the WTS to decide its Ok for a known child molester to go into someones house its up the the house holder.

If the house holder has any questions dont worry ill pass on you guys phone number so you can ex plane it to them.

Karter.

• misguided
    misguided

What I cannot understand is why my children's grandfather's crimes of pedophilia have not been picked up by any Canadian news agency. I have notified them, as I sent the facts as news tips, but no media has picked it up. Not Global, CBC, or CTV.

My kids' grandfather sits in jail today, in Ontario, for what he did to his daughter and nieces. Convicted of 19 counts of child sexual abuse. His daughter, my ex-husband's sister, had a baby with his father. Incest. This was all covered up by the JWs. They moved from Ontario to BC to get away from the scandal. He was an elder in BC when I came into the family. The crime only started to unravel in the late 80s. It took until 2012 to get the pedo into jail for, for what will amount to a life sentence. He is over 80 now.

The victim of the incest (my children's niece/aunt) decided to press charges along with the long list of victims of this man. Her DNA came back positive that her grandfather was also her father. What I am unable to fathom is how the media has disregarded the facts, and seemingly do not want to make this reality in the media as nothing is being picked up by those that can expose this insanity.

This is no secret, This pedophile became an elder. He was an elder for years in BC after being a known pedophile, and he now sits guilty as F!ck, iin jail. My mother, a well-deluded JW took my kids to see their grandfather, even after knowing he was a pedo, One of my daughters tells a story of his abuse while out of view of either of her grandmothers. My mother thought that he was a "reformed pedophile," who would not offend again, and that is why she took my 4 daughters to see him. She was wrong

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Misguided, that is beyond words, I'm so sorry..

All I can suggest is, contact Barbara Anderson. She will know how to get your story out there, I'm sure.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/18048/AndersonsInfo

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yep.

I knew a 35 year old 'brother' who was and 'elder' (and actually he was my mentor--- I loved this guy) who molested his own daughter for years! I was on the jc that 'reprooved' him. Five years later, he's re-appointed as a elder and the next year he is giving talks at the dc's and becomes a regular dc speaker. Gota' say he had some big brass b**ls for getting up there in front of his family and those who knew about his perversion! He has since been removed from the dc speaker circuit.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• flipper
    flipper

Been working for a few days out of town so thanks for all of your comments ! Some really great comments here by the way ! I'll answer page 3 responders after I respond to the last comment on page 2.

TRUTHSEEKERIAM- I agree with you about being upset that WT Society doesn't change their child abuse policies. It pisses me the hell off as well. I've got two JW daughters in their mid to late 20's who might start having children sometime soon- and as a potential grandfather- I feel VERY concerned that my grandchildren's safety will be endangered and minimized within that organization.

It's true that the WT Society is going to continue to deny, deny, deny this child abuse problem. And the reason ? In my opinion the reason the WT Society will NOT release documentation of child abuse problems to the courts is because there are many higher ups GB members and otherwise who are involved in child abuse or committing these crimes and if the Database file was produced in the courts - it would expose SO much child abuse at upper WT power levels that it would sink the WT corporation. So WT Society would rather pay out millions $$$ in lawsuits than to risk exposure of ALL their dirty child abuse laundry coming out.

As long as the GB and WT leaders have enough of the 8 million JW's donating estates, wills, money, life insurance policies, etc. to the WT pedophile fund - and as long as the WT Society keeps up it's land grab of all the kingdom halls on this planet- WT leaders probably feel they'll have enough incoming money to stay silent on what they REALLY know concerning WT child abuse within the Database files. It's disgusting, but it's how they justify it within their criminal minds. My 2 cents

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    In my opinion the reason the WT Society will NOT release documentation of child abuse problems to the courts is because there are many higher ups GB members and otherwise who are involved in child abuse or committing these crimes and if the Database file was produced in the courts - it would expose SO much child abuse at upper WT power levels that it would sink the WT corporation. So WT Society would rather pay out millions $$$ in lawsuits than to risk exposure of ALL their dirty child abuse laundry coming out.

Even those who are so sure that there was none of this within current GB membership, they must know of some substantial accusations against elders, C.O.'s, branch representatives. They must have at least a handful (probably many more) cases of what seemed like unsubstantiated accusations against such men where the man did it again later.

And as far as paying out millions, it isn't THEIR personal money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit