Were you a "Born-In", or were you "Converted"?

by Warlock 75 Replies latest jw friends

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Born in, got out 22 years later.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Born in, got out at thirty-six (finally) and got my seven-year-old out before they could damage him...

• sexyk
    sexyk

Born into the religion in 1986

Left late last year in 2006 !

WOOOOOO !!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was 1 year old when my mother went down the watchtower hole.

• bluebell
    bluebell

"born-in"

• evita
    evita

I was 13 when my mother began studying.
    I was forced to study and go to meetings which I resisted for a year. Finally gave in as the pressure was so intense and I was miserable. Eventually I became thoroughly indoctrinated and was baptized at 15. Spent my teen years trying to be the perfect witness girl and judging everyone else. Started to wake up at 18 but couldn't get all the way out until my early 20's.
    Even though I've been out for many years, I was profoundly affected by my time "in".

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Convert. Twice. Dedicated, baptized, DFed. Rededicated, rebaptized, re-DFed.

Martin

• nsrn
    nsrn

Born in, 3rd generation. Never baptized, left at 18. Still on good terms with most family/friends but not close. Elderly 'faithful' parents.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Kind of both. My family are all JW's going back to Russell, but my dad left the religion when I was 4. He allowed all my JW relatives, aunts, grandparents etc to take us kids to the meetings. WARNING!!! Do not let your kids go with grandma to the meetings and assemblies. I loved them so had no idea that the religion was a cult. Got baptized when I was 18, left when I was 40.

Leslie

• Quentin
    Quentin

Raised in from age 3...left around 1973.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit