Were you a "Born-In", or were you "Converted"?

by Warlock 75 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Born in

• restrangled
    restrangled

Born in 3rd generation. Left in 1977, in/out for many years.....finally out, out, out!

r.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Born in, 4th generation, my kids were 5th generation. I blessed their quitting just in time, I think. They are teenagers who never bought it in the first place. Grandfather's an elder, Grandmother a "perfect" elder's wife. Last meeting was in October 2005, last memorial 2006. I want to be a Christian but must still have JW crap clogging my spiritual arteries, not meaning that I still believe in it, just that I'm distrustful of other places.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Pretty much born in--parents converted before I was 1 y.o.

• aarque
    aarque

Born in, faded out in the late 70's... and must have been totally invisible all those years in because no one has ever tried to contact me since.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Converted from Roman Catholicism.

Started questioning motives when
    there was so much critical talk
    about the church (Not that I
    support or adhere to it
    mind you).

I made plenty of enemies in the
    organization along the way just by
    questioning things alone.

Discovered what the Watchtower Society
    was 2 years ago this month (United
    Nations issue.)

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• PEC
    PEC

Born-in, Grandparents on both sides were in. My Grandmother on my Fathers side spent 20+ years in Israel trying to convert Jews and Palestinians. Others have served in places like New Guinea. All of my family (that I know of) are in, except a half-brother (I think he still believes but, just can't live up to the lie. I sent him some apostate information in January 2007 and haven't heard from him.) and his daughter (she can't forgive the WTS for killing her mother, when she refused blood.) I attended my last meeting in June of 1979, just before I turned 18, went to the KH once for my Mothers funeral in 1987.

Philip

• ImFreeNow
    ImFreeNow

Born in, 5th generation......family goes all the way back to the early 1900's. Didn't start to live until I left. What a relief it is to be out!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Born in.

Left summer 2001.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Born in. Hell my g-g-grandparents were IBSA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit