Were you a "Born-In", or were you "Converted"?

by Warlock 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Born-in, beated up and faded out..

• helncon
    helncon

2nd generation

Born In

Baptised Oct 93 (17 years)

Faded Jan 94

DF June 2001 (25 years)

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Raised in - mom got baptized earlier than I can remember, but I have pictures of one birthday / Christmas. Stuck with it pretty tight until I learned better in 2005.

• esw1966
    esw1966

My parents were not going to church and were 'converted' as they too were expecting Armageddon soon, just so happened to be 1975. So I was raised in it since age 9. Left age 38. Best thing I ever did!

• Warlock
    Warlock

I just wanted to thank everyone for posting on this thread.

Some of you have some very impressive "pedigrees".

Warlock

• juni
    juni

Hold up Warlock.......I was converted.....a robot for 21 years and out for near 15.

Juni

• KW13
    KW13

Dragged in by my mum, kicking and screaming at the age of 9

• Warlock
    Warlock

I would also like to thank those like Juni, who posted after my thank you, and those who post after her.

Better late than never.

Warlock

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Raised in it at the age of 11 (1960's)Baptized 1972 and left in 1977.

• done4good
    done4good

I am sort of "In-Between". My mother began to study when I was about 5, and my father was always a UBM. It took her about 8 years of "studying" before she was baptized. I did very little with the org, outside of the occasional meeting, and no holiday stuff. It was not enforced on my sister and me. My father would not allow that. Having a "dumb moment", when I was about 14, I decided to go "all the way", (definately smoking too much pot at the time), and started progressing toward baptism. It would be another 18 years before I figured it out.

(Long version available shortly)

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit