Were you a "Born-In", or were you "Converted"?

by Warlock 75 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

Born in, raised in, still in, with no good way out. As the song says: "You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave." seek2find

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    Born in, raised in, still in, with no good way out. As the song says: "You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave." seek2find

How about faking your death and moving to Costa Rica?

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Born-in, family members JWs back to the days of Rutherford. Argh. Stopped field service and TMS at 15, stopped attending meetings at 18. Never dunked.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Born in, my parents got baptized shortly after my birth. My brother #1 always tells me stories about how they couldn't understand giving up christmas, birthdays, etc....

Left 1983

• Undecided
    Undecided

Born in, third generation.. Left in the 70s.

Ken P.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

" Born IN " in 1961, baptised 1978 , stopped going Feb. 2006.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I studied in 1978 and got baptised in 1979 became inactive in 1980 and disassociated in 1986. I can imagine how difficult it is for those that were born in to disentangle themselves from the cult and adjust to life in an environment they never knew.

• Mulan
    Mulan

pretty much born in...........parents became JW's when I was 4.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Born out, became witness when 13 yrs old, I was mad as hell but had to conform or else be kicked out when 16. 1963 started that fall, last christmas that year and then I left in 1999 dec. 24.

orangefatcat

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Born in (2rd generation), dunked in 1993 (17 yrs old), started to fade in 2002, last meeting was 2004. last memorial was 2006.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit