Were you a "Born-In", or were you "Converted"?

by Warlock 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

My mom got baptized when I was ?? 8 to 10- I can't remember.

Thank god my dad didn't ever believe or convert.

I was a good dub kid and got baptized in 1994 (or 5?) at the age of 18. Although I kind of had troubles believing some of the more ridiculous stuff the dubs said, like worldly people=evil or any of their stuff about science.

Stopped going to meetings 2003. Finally got the courage to look at "apostate stuff" a month or so before I joined JWD ~2005 or so.

Very happy now!

-K

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Born-in.

3rd generation.

BA

• Casper
    Casper

Converted 1984, due to tragedy in family, I was searching so hard for something to believe in..... faded 1998, after another tradgedy...(that really opened my Eyes..) Couldn't take the constant control of every aspect of my LIFE...!!!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Raised in from age 7. Baptized at 14. Started my fade early 2005. Don't go to any meetings or assemblies anymore, but I did go to the Memorial. Got my kids out - my greatest accomplishment to date!

GGG

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Born in 4th generation

Baptized at 13 and attented my last meeting in August of 2005

Loruhamah

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Born in. Haven't been to a meeting in about 4 years, was irregular/inacive for several years before that. Missed the last two memorials.

BB

• olvidado
    olvidado

Started studying in january 1986, baptized in august 1987. Inactive in may 2001, desassociated in august 2002.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Born,

3rd gen paternal

2nd gen maternal

Haven't been to a beating in 3mos, went to the memorial.

Wife still in - trying to see what is going to happen there......:(

• ferret
    ferret

Basically born in my mother joined when I was a baby. Was df'd in 1980 and have never been in a KH since. Best thing that ever happened to me, even though I lost my whole family. But still worth it for the peace of mind.

• FourMs
    FourMs

Born in, 4th generation on both sides

Baptized at 15, pioneered at 18 for 5 years. Got married and had kids and came to my senses...

Haven't been to a mtg in 3 months and never went to memorial. Broke the "news" to my sister last night and was told that I am considered dead to the family. Nice loving religion they've got going... (did I mention I am not even df'd, I have just faded and left on my own and they still have the nerve to treat me like I don't exist...)

FourMs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit