Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What do I need to prove to you? This is not the ask jayhawk1 a question thread. This is the ask Fred E Hathaway thread.

If JW's teach that to be the year in their publications, then that's what they teach in the streets. I have faith, after all, that they know what to put, when to put it.

If... what do you mean if? That is what they teach. You will find it in the Revelation Grand Climax book. The very same book you are reading at the Kingdom Hall for weekly Book Study. Don't you think it's about time you found out why they teach that and learn how to back up your beliefs you claim you have?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I'll need someone to spend time with me, and help me so I can do that. That's why I go to all the assigned meetings. Jehovah's teaching me, as I can handle it, a little at a time.

I'm pretty good at finding Scriptures, but I get lost on the proofs. I'd rather spend my time sharing what I understand, than looking at what I don't. I'm sure that practice is the key, bridging from the known toward the unknown, with competent guides, like the Teachers in the Congregation that I'm assigned to. I'm interested in learning Jehovah's ways, however he chooses to teach me.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

My suggestion to you... you really need to know how to answer all the serious questions posed on this board. If you can't back up what your religion teaches, you really don't have anything. Worse yet, if you don't even know what your religion teaches... ex. 1919, then how can you claim you have truth? (All Jehovah's Witness claim they have the truth... they even call it, "The Truth." So don't bother denying it.)

In order to properly defend a belief, you must be able to know and anticipate both sides of the discussion. Fred, you've demonstrated you really don't have a grasp on what your religion teaches. Anybody can go through the bible index and quote a scripture. The whole time I was a Jehovah's Witness, I did that. That doesn't mean I could defend or teach the Jehovah's Witness Religion.

I can promise you, if you are serious and truly research what Jehovah's Witnesses teach, you will find it is just a waste of time trying to make sense of something that can't support its own beliefs.

On the other hand, Jehovah's Witnesses are a great religion for the gullible and uneducated.

• Fred E Hathaway
  • Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I really need to accept the Bible as it truthfully is, the Word of Jehovah God. I need to purify my heart. I need Jehovah to unify my heart in serving Him. I need to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation. I need to honor men of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, bin in fear of God, have honor for the king. I need to keep myself without spot from the world. I need to have self-sacrificing love. I need to worship with spirit and truth. These are Scriptural requirements. So is making peace (as much as lies within me) with all men. If, Jehovah's Witnesses are a great religion for the gullible and uneducated, then I'd be proud to be gullible and uneducated. Jehovah is worthy of all the glory, the honor, and the power. Without Him and His will, no-one would exist or have been created.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    If, Jehovah's Witnesses are a great religion for the gullible and uneducated, then I'd be proud to be gullible and uneducated.

Fred, if that is how you feel, then I hope you remember this conversation about 10 years from now when yet another year of unfulfilled expectations has past you by. Believe in Jehovah all you want, but putting your faith in the teachings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society will leave you empty.

• Zico
    Zico
    I'm like the woman Jesus healed who had been to doctors without result for 38 years. Head injury due to forceps delivery, and child abuse, and poor balance, and a stroke due to a motor vehicle collision have all had their impacts. I must endure to the end of this system, as per Matthew 24:13.

Fred, Have you ever had any therapy for these traumas? (With a qualified professional) Anyone, my questions for you. Have you noticed that many people on JWD refer to the Watchtower Society as a 'cult'? If yes, Do you know why? Do you know what a cult is?

• Clam
    Clam

Fred I hope you enjoy living in the new world. It looks like it's going to be fun.

happypeople2222222222.jpg

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Maybe Fred will volunteer to make the beach balls that are in every New System picture.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I'm like a kid in a class. I'm not in a position to tell how the teacher should teach, I just learn the best way I know how, so my mom and dad are happy with me. Whether I like the teacher or the teacher likes me isn't the point of school, after all.

I agree with your analogy. Learning accurate knowledge and learning how to educate yourself is the point of school.

But your teacher is adding things to the curriculum under the direction of school administrators. These things your teacher adds are propaganda pieces which are filled with lies, distortions, half-truths, and emotional manipulations. From a brief review of the curriculum it is easily apparent that the school administrators are not interested in teaching you how to learn; they are only interested in whether you can learn to see the world exactly as they see it. Those who cannot or who discover how to learn are expelled. Among the things your teacher adds are attempts to shape how you think of everyone who disagrees with the school administrators.

But the School Board is not happy with the curriculum at your school. The school you attend lies about itself, grossly exaggerating its own importance and its successes. The School Board tolerates your school but has a compendium of all of your school's variation from the Board approved educational curriculum. Eventually the school will fail because it only produces mindless puppets who parrot its administration's antiquated and erroneous thinking.

Making your mom and dad happy with you is not the point of school. Getting a good education is the point of school. Propaganda is antithetical to education. Your teachers are spewing propaganda, they are not educating you.

The teacher the School Superintendent suggests you seek out, the one he specifically sent as a helper and teacher, is not present in your school. In fact, that teacher works in a school where the School Superintendent also personally serves as cafeteria worker, janitor, Principal, Counselor, Father, and Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6). You will need to transfer out of your current school and into his in order to learn from the one he authorized to teach you. (John 14-16; 1 Corinthians 2, 3; 1 John 2:26-29)

I hope you get it one day. Just remember, if and when that day comes there are no hard feelings from me toward you. I feel sorry for anyone still trapped by their propaganda.

—AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit