Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

"The light gets brighter"

How many times have we all heard that one? Fred, let me ask... How does it make any sense for a perfect all-knowing eternal god like Jehovah to allow his prophet-class on Earth to continue to guess at what Jehovah wants? And when his prophet-class guesses wrong, which happens again and again, it makes Jehovah look like a liar.

Now I'm sure your scapegoat answer will be something like, "I don't know what Jehovah is thinking." But if that was the case, how would the Bible authors know what Jehovah is thinking?

So if the Bible authors knew what Jehovah was thinking, why doesn't the Watchtower Society know what Jehovah is thinking?

As wrong about everything as Watchtower has been proves they don't have Jehovah's backing.

In other words...

PROVE TO ME THEY HAVE BEEN RIGHT ABOUT ANY PROPHECY THEY TEACH.

IF YOU HAVE THE TRUTH, PROVE TO ME THEY HAVE HAD JESUS/JEHOVAH'S BACKING SINCE 1919.

PROVE TO ME THE ANOINTED WAS SEALED DURING THE 1930'S.

PROVE TO ME THE SEVEN TRUMPET BLASTS BEGAN WITH THE CEDAR POINT OHIO CONVENTION IN THE 1920'S.

IF YOU HAVE THE TRUTH, NONE OF THESE CHALLENGES WOULD BE HARD FOR YOU OR ANY OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TO DO.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Each has his own understandings, by which each stands or falls. I am another student in the class of life, like you. The teacher is trying to teach. We should help each other understand the homework, instead of distracting each other from the work we're each assigned to do.

If you want to teach, set up your own class some place else. I'm here to learn the art of respect.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

One sentence answers prove you know nothing.

Do you believe Jesus chose Watchtower in 1919 and what's your proof?

No. I know no person or organization with that exact legal name.

The Watchtower Society teaches their orginization was chosen during that year regardless of what their legal name is. How do they and you know this is true?

(I know you are being a smart-ass about this, but for the record... on this board I am known as jayhawk1. Jayhawk1 is not my legal name, but I respond to it. The International Bible Students and Watchtower are appropriate names for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.)

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I can do nothing but sow the seeds I know to plant. I can water with the truth I know. But Jehovah knows how to make the seed into a growing plant that bears fruit, not me.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Each has his own understandings, by which each stands or falls. I am another student in the class of life, like you. The teacher is trying to teach. We should help each other understand the homework, instead of distracting each other from the work we're each assigned to do.

If you want to teach, set up your own class some place else. I'm here to learn the art of respect.

Nice cop-out... How dare you come to this board and claim you know the truth when you know nothing at all.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

If JW's teach that to be the year in their publications, then that's what they teach in the streets. I have faith, after all, that they know what to put, when to put it.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Fred, you claim you have faith.

I have faith in something too...

I have faith that since you know nothing, you can't have Jehovah's backing.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

DId I claim such? If so, prove it to the level that you require from me.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Backing for what? I'm just looking to become qualified to be properly instated as one of His Witnesses, according to His standards.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Each has his own understandings, by which each stands or falls. I am another student in the class of life, like you.

Fair enough Fred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit