Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Fred,

I don't say, "I see!" and tell everyone that the only way to please God is by viewing things the way I view them in every tittle. Your Governing Body does that. They are superfine apostles; they are Pharisees; they have ever been and will always be incredibly indiscreet.

I close out all further "discussion" with you by expressing my hope that one day you see them with clarity for what they are. I pray that you will not be as disillusioned and hurt by the experience as I was; when that day comes remember many have gone before you who were made fools by those charlatan spokesmen of God.

I bear you no ill will and I hope that life brings you what you earnestly seek before you run out of life.

—AuldSoul

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I am being discreet, the same way Jesus was with the Pharisees and other trappers in his day on earth.

I'd say you've been more evasive and trollish than anything. You refuse to answer AuldSoul and Jayhawk's questions. When somebody says or does something you don't like, you argument becomes ad hominem, and you sanctimoniously throw random scriptures in people's faces.

It's clear that you're not going to answer anything honestly and directly. Johnny Cip called this thread from page one, and seven pages later, he was right.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Fred, do you take the "short bus" to the Kingdom Hall?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway
    Here's an analogy. You may have heard it before, but please just consider it anyway. There is a group of people having a discussion. One person is making very bold and dogmatic pronouncements. Another person says: "Yes, I agree with you on most points, but there a few of your statements that lack evidence". The first person becomes enraged, has the person ejected from the room, and tells everyone else to shun him. Which person was really lacking humility?

If I would say so myself, it appears that you (as a group) who take shots are the "one" who "is making very bold and dogmatic pronouncements." I am "another person". I simply ask questions for clarification.

This conversation is on 2 levels at the same time. I am a fellow member on JWD: an "ant" just like each of you. Jehovah is looking down, watching us all, examining how we defend or challenge His interests. He wants us to all take the cramped, narrow way. Who of us will take it? Who wants the broad, spacious alternative. I elect to take the cramped, narrow way. Its destination is preferable, in my eyes.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I'm like a kid in a class. I'm not in a position to tell how the teacher should teach, I just learn the best way I know how, so my mom and dad are happy with me. Whether I like the teacher or the teacher likes me isn't the point of school, after all.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Fred, I'm still waiting for an actual answer my questions from page 1. In case you forgot them, here they are again...

What attracts you to the JW religion?

How do you look past doctrinal flip flops and previous failed prophecies?

What is your take on blood fractions? How do you feel about Watchtower rewriting history to make their 607 BC / 1914 AD theory work?

Do you believe Jesus chose Watchtower in 1919 and what's your proof?

Could you please explain the seven trumpet blasts in Revelation and how Watchtower applies that to them during the late 1920's through early 1930's?

Are you satisfied with Watchtower's change to the meaning of "this Generation" in 1995? Why?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Again, to each, his own.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I walk, half a block.

• Arthur
    Arthur

As a Christian, what I object to is a centralized ecclesiatical body placing itself in between Jesus Christ, and other Christians. There is no Scriptural justification for a group of men or an organization placing itself in a mediator-like role. This goes against the teachings of Christ as well as the apostles. When people are commanded to give soldier-like submission to an organization and it's centralized authority sturcture; this is not the Christian way. It is a perversion of Scriptural teaching. It is the worldy way which is more characteristic of political organizations.

As far as the "cramped and narrow road" is concerned, this certainly applies to Christian faith and conduct. But in no way does this mean that we are obliged to become slaves of men; where we submit to a man-made Talmud of relgious laws and policies. This is going well "beyond what is written".

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway
    What attracts you to the JW religion?

Love of Jehovah.

How do you look past doctrinal flip flops and previous failed prophecies?

Love of neighbor.

What is your take on blood fractions?

It's a confidential, conscience matter.

How do you feel about Watchtower rewriting history to make their 607 BC / 1914 AD theory work?

It's a matter of understanding pivotal dates.

Do you believe Jesus chose Watchtower in 1919 and what's your proof?

No. I know no person or organization with that exact legal name.

Could you please explain the seven trumpet blasts in Revelation and how Watchtower applies that to them during the late 1920's through early 1930's?

No. That's all beyond my level of understanding.

Are you satisfied with Watchtower's change to the meaning of "this Generation" in 1995?

Yes.

Why?

We were being trained and prepared at the proper time. It's a matter of keeping in step.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit