Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Arthur
    Arthur

Fred,

I have not seen all of the threads that you have participated in but, in the few that I have seen your posts; I think I know why some people might be irritated with your posting style. I have noticed that you often answer individual questions separately in several consecutive posts. I have seen some threads where there have been up to six or seven consecutive posts by you. Some find this a little irritating. This may have lead some to say that you were "hijacking" the thread.

Most posters on this site will compile several answers into one post so as to save space in the thread. This method is more in line with basic forum etiquette. Just a minor observation on my part; but this might make your fellow posters a little happier.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I'm not into serving false concepts, after all.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Thanks, Arthur. I try to be respectful of each person's individual style, so I generally post in context. But, then, this is my first forum to participate on. I appreciate all of the respectful feedback I get. It shows up over time, as I keep working away at whatever I see to work at.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What attracts you to the JW religion?

How do you look past doctrinal flip flops and previous failed prophecies?

What is your take on blood fractions? How do you feel about Watchtower rewriting history to make their 607 BC / 1914 AD theory work?

Do you believe Jesus chose Watchtower in 1919 and what's your proof?

Could you please explain the seven trumpet blasts in Revelation and how Watchtower applies that to them during the late 1920's through early 1930's?

Are you satisfied with Watchtower's change to the meaning of "this Generation" in 1995? Why?

(I will check back Saturday night for your answers.)

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Fred, How do you dance around the indisputable fact that the destruction Jerusalem was in 587 b.c.e.? The entire groundwork for the witnesses falls apart on the date of 1914. It is off by 20 years. There is proof on Babylonian cuniform tablets as Raymond Franz had the unfortunate pleasure of dicovering when he researched for the aid to bible understanding. He saw the tablets with his own eyes and had them explained to him by experts.

This is also a well known fact among secular historians and can even be proven through astonomy as the Babylonians kept detailed records that coincide with the events. There is a mountain of evidence. This is a well documented event. How do you reconcile, rationalize and separate yourself from this reality?

Do you really think Raymond Franz deserved what he got for trying to teach this truth? If there was just one source that said 607 bce was a possibility which one would you likely choose to beleive, based on the evidence.

If 1914 falls apart as have many of the other failed prophecies why do you continue to put faith in such nonsense?

How can you veiw men like Russell as having holy spirit when he was involved in Pyramidology and scandals such as miracle wheat and even adultery with Rose Ball? The trial transcripts are availabe on the net.

How do you veiw the drunkeness of Rutherford and the excesses he lived in during the depression while the brothers at bethel got mere pennies, and very poor accomodations?

How do you veiw Rutherford's failed predictions for 1925 with the ancient worthies being accomodated at Beth sarim, which he actually built for himself ,while owning 5 other palatial residences.?

How do you veiw the fact that most of what Russell, Rutherford and Franz wrote is completly obsolete today? By those standards everything they taught was wrong and they would be disfellowshipped for teaching it today. Yet while Rutherford and Franz were alive they had no compunction about ruining lives for those that didn't follow there teachings.

If the organization was originally led by holy spirit, why is the original message they were teaching obsolete today?

If in Hebrew the vowels were never put in the tetragrammaton YHWH, why do you think it's ok to transpose the vowels from elohim and adonai to make up the difference? Do you not think if God wanted his name known he would have put those vowels in his Holy book? How do you think God feels about creating a name for him and using it when his name is too sacred to pronounce. Revelation says he that adds to this scroll or takes away from this scroll shall be taken away from the scroll of life.

Isn't that what the witnesses have done in putting the name of Jehovah where it simply doesn't exist in the original scrolls?

• Clam
    Clam

Fred - off the top of your head, would you say that the JWs now have more paedophiles than they have anointed brothers and sisters?

Clam

• TD
    TD

Fair enough, Fred.

I hope that by starting this thread you don't intend to respond to reasoned questions that take more than a few minutes to type with shallow JW one-liners that we all already know and have found to be inadequate.

On this thread, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/129904/1.ashx I pointed out two logical problems with the JW idea that some organization had to be rewarded as faithful and discreet with appointment over all the master's belongings. "Who else could it have been?" is a question that I've heard more than a few JW's ask.

To this, I would add that the JW organization did not begin to teach that the "Faithful and discreet slave" was a class of Christians until the year 1928. Prior to this, they taught that that slave had been an individual -- Charles Taze Russell. So at the time this appointment allegedly took place (c. 1919) the JW organization could not possibly have known about it, because they did not even know who the faithful and discreet slave was. (Using their modern teaching as the standard.)

How could an organization be appointed by Christ over all his belongings and not know about it? Futher, if such a thing was possible how could a claim to that effect be viewed after the fact as anything other than a purely subjective, even self serving claim? (i.e. Obviously there was no tangible event accompanying this appointment; else it would not have taken a decade to realize.)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Thirty years of exposure to Jehovah's Witnesses and their propaganda has taught me all I'll ever need to know about them and their beliefs. I don't think anything said on a single thread could undo even a fraction of the contempt they have earned.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fred.E Hathaway..I`ve asked you this on another thread,hopefully I can get a reply on this one.....Have you figuered out who owns 50% of the Rand Cam Engine Corp.yet?..I`ll give you the initials of the orgaization to make it a little easyier for you.."WBT$"..LOL!!.....Now..Do a little research,find out who owns 50% of the Rand Cam Engine Corp and get back to me..Did you know Rand Cam recieved a 500 million dollar contract from the U.S.Navy? ..tisk..tisk..tisk..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mr Fred Hathaway, looks like you have an enormous task ahead of you, if you intend to actually answer the questions posed. I hope you do! Your credibility will be gone if you don't - if you do so honestly, it should send your faith in Jehovah's Witnesses quite southward of it's current location. It did mine.

I add just one question - not a single Jw apologists has ever answered back to me - I hope you are the first.;

Can you prove, without assertions, that the International Bible Students, as forerunners of the Jehovah's Witnesses, were, as they claim, selected in 1919 as the exclusive bearer of 'truth' to the nations, and as the single bearer of God's favor in the time of the end?

If not - then they immediately join the ranks of just another religion - and then they can be judged on the basis of doctrine, and not before.

No one would judge the Queen of a nation as worthy or unworthy if she could not prove her lineage. She would become just another woman, one perhaps with some good and some bad traits - but of no particular interest in the overall future of her nation. Same is true of religion that claims to be the only 'true Christianity' isn't it? Without proof of lineage she is no better nor any worse in principle than any other.

I await.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit