Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Fred... read crisis of conscience then come back to this board.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fred is gonna play this for all it`s worth..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I am being discreet, the same way Jesus was with the Pharisees and other trappers in his day on earth.

I am reminded of the apostle Paul's words at 1 Cor. 1:10-31.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    I am being discreet, the same way Jesus was with the Pharisees and other trappers in his day on earth.

would hayzus be on here??? u aint too discreet are you

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

From whose standpoint? Have you asked Jesus personally yourself? Are you one of Jesus' anointed? Or, are you, rather a super-fine apostle ( like the apostle Paul spoke of)? Self-examination is important all the way around, not just for me, after all.

If you don't attend with JWs, then where do you worship? Just on the JWD?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The truth can always stand more scrutiny.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

you have been stamped 'troll' ...

• Fred E Hathaway
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

We're wasting our time here WAC.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Have you asked Jesus personally yourself? Are you one of Jesus' anointed? Or, are you, rather a super-fine apostle, like the apostle Paul spoke of.

Fred, I would merely like to make a particular point.

One of the the methods that the Watchtower Society has used to discredit anyone who does not fall in line with all of their Scriptural interpretations is to use ad hominem attacks against them; calling them "haughty", "wise in their own eyes", "fault-finding", and "self-serving". Are there individuals throughout the organization's history who fit this description? Of course.

But the WTS does not discriminate between a fornicator, or a person who cannot accept the 1914 teaching for example. Anyone who cannot support all of their teachings out of consciensious reasons is lableed "wise in their own eyes" and are expelled from the congregation. Even if a person is wholly devoted to God and to Jesus Christ; yet cannot support a particular non-essential doctrine; they are expelled from the congregation.

Here's an analogy. You may have heard it before, but please just consider it anyway. There is a group of people having a discussion. One person is making very bold and dogmatic pronouncements. Another person says: "Yes, I agree with you on most points, but there a few of your statements that lack evidence". The first person becomes enraged, has the person ejected from the room, and tells everyone else to shun him. Which person was really lacking humility?

I would advise you to research the Seventh Day Adventist church. There are dozens of cases of prominent pastors who have resigned from the church because they could not in good conscience support some of the core time tables and teachings of the church. Some pastors were kicked out of the church for taking a stand. I don't think you would call them "proud", or refer to them as "super apostles".

So, why do you accuse AuldSoul or any one of us of being a "super apostle" just because he could not in good conscience support some of the Watchtower doctrines?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit