Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

For those who feel that I've hijacked your thread(s), I'm still relatively new here, so your forgiveness (based on this acknowledgement and apology) is appreciated. I'm posting this link, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/131766/2343640/post.ashx#2343640, on the other threads as soon as I can. Bear with me as I attend to the necessary housework involved.

— Fred/Q.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

why would i need to ask a wts idolizer like you questions. i know all the jw answers already. and that's why i'm not a jw. because jw's talk pure bullshit. john

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

What Johnny Cip, in his inimitable style, said.

However, Fred, if this is a sincere attempt on your part to mend fences, I would like to hear (read) more of what you have to say.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I want closure. ¿Qué pasó?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Fred. Have you read Crisis of Conscience and Combating Cult Mind Control?

How do you combat cognitive dissonance?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Thank you, Bizzy Bee, for your thoughtful reply. I look forward to discussing things further with thoughtful people. And yes, fences must be built and kept in proper repair, otherwise property values can plummet.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

And the English translation is... ?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I did skim through parts of Raymond Franz's Crisis book while still early in my Bible studies with JWs. I have seen excerpts of both books on JWD posts.

As for combating cognitive dissonance: I had to look that up. An article on that is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance. Personally, I stick to learning how to live by Bible priniciples. If I want dates, I look them up, in order to help in my understanding. If things are controversial, it tends to mean gaps in logic. In cases like that, I tend now to ask questions until I see a sound explanation.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Cool! :-)

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I did skim through parts of Raymond Franz's Crisis book while still early in my Bible studies with JWs...

Doesn't count. First you have to have been immersed, both physically and emotionally, and spent half a lifetime in service to a false concept. It's only then that you really get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit