Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I think AuldSoul has mellowed a bit, if you ask me. Maybe he's been having a few good things going on in his life lately. You'll need to PM him next time.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Fred,

I PM'd my response to WAC because it was off topic. My question for you, however, was not off topic and was not answered yet. If you have an answer to my question that will do something other than prove that your GB does not deserve to call itself discreet, please share it.

—AuldSoul

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Thank you for the compliments and prayers. I'm Eveready, awake or asleep.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Fred E is actually DEFD. Welcome back!!!

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

If the FDS (as portrayed by the IBSA-cum-WTBTS) were not really the FDS of Matthew 24:45 (because of a discrepancy of the 1914 year), then who do you propose that they be (assuming that your portrayal of history is accurate)?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

My "modest intentions of this thread" that remain "unfulfilled" was to provide an outlet, so that I wasn't hijacking a thread. I was wanting a faith-building, encouraging thread; not a defence against fault-finders.

In the early goings of research, any group that has to guess (from having been so steeped in Babylon the Great, as to have only a vague hint left of the holy spirit's light) is bound to make a few mistakes along the way. More so, if there is a Scripture that actually says that the "light will get brighter", which there is. There is still the attempt at real honesty and respect by the sheep, whereas there is a self-serving mentality by the goat/wolf.

If something has a scheduled recurrence, then a person may well still wait, despite being late for an occurrence: like with waiting for a bus, Moon to appear in a certain part of the sky, etc.

How do you connect a date to the wise virgins (regardless of the date)?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

FEH,

You are trying to answer a question with a question. You still haven't answered my first question, now you added a second unanswered question, as well.

You are trying to alter my question into a different question. My question isn't about a discrepancy regarding 1914. My question is about what they taught (until at least 1924) about the timing of the parousia contrasted by what they now teach regarding how to identify the wise virgins.

(assuming that your portrayal of history is accurate)

I strongly encourage you to refrain from assuming that my portrayal of their actual history is correct. I even more strongly encourage you to refrain from assuming that their portrayal of their actual history is correct. I have nothing whatsoever to gain from presenting a false history of their doctrines, but they have much to gain by doing so.

On the one hand they say that the wise virgins would be expectantly awaiting the parousia (presence) of the bridegroom in 1914. On the other hand it is easily verifiable that they did not think the parousia was yet future in the year 1913, they thought it had already happened. They were provably not waiting for the parousia 1914; they were convinced the parousia began in 1874.

Don't take my word for it. Ask them.

—AuldSoul

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

To be discreet, according to the Scriptures is to keep things hidden from the proud, and reveal things to the humble, right?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Nice try.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    How do you connect a date to the wise virgins (regardless of the date)?

Why ask me? Ask your GB Gods in Brooklyn. They are the ones who've done it. I don't connect a date to the wise virgins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit