Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zagor
    zagor

Simple question Fred. Who are you? A witness, bethelite, pioneer, CO, GB member (probably not) but please be honest with us, if you ask honesty from us why don't you give same in return?

• Clam
    Clam

An anagram of Fred E Hathaway is Why Fear Death ?

Maybe Fred's the Grim Reaper?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Clam,

On death row, more likely. Just kidding, Fred.

(BTW, "Why Fear Death" is missing an a from his user name)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Why do you keep ignoring the Rand stock issue? There is undeniable proof from the SEC that the wt is not god's peaceful organization as it claims. That makes everything else they say and do completely irrelevant.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/131342/2339867/post.ashx#2339867

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/131766/2344043/post.ashx#2344043

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

OMG! Through his user name, he's warning us about the impact of global warming on livestock feed!

Fear thawed hay!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Fred Hathaway,

Some people have, in response to your Post, provided several key issues that any Witness or prospective Witness must address.

I believe there are two fundamental issues that underlie these key issues.

Firstly, is the mental stranglehold exerted by the GB. Through several means, the GB ensures that a Witness is not able to express their own thoughts. A Theocracy is, after all, a government exerted by priests, a dictatorship.

Secondly, is the immoral and unethical manner in which the GB presents its views.

During my first serious encounter with Witnesses at my front door in 1964, I discovered their basic error with the neo-Babylonian chronology. I was delighted, since their authority, their very reason for being, relied on information that could be proven to be false outside of any subjective interpretation, such as of passages in Scripture.

Not only were the Witnesses being given false information, but their books provided them with partial quotations, misquotations, misrepresentations, misinformation, and so on.

So, armed with original material obtained from the library, I showed the Witnesses where the organization was being less than honest with them. But I was absolutely staggered when they looked me in the face without being affected in any way.

After much thinking, I came to realize that Witnesses believe anything the GB told them because of who it claims to be, regardless of what it is saying. (How the GB could argue about other churches teaching error was beyond me.)

I saw the impact of 1975, where Witnesses sold their homes, gave the money to the organization and went far and wide to declare the “final” message. Shortly afterwards, I saw hundreds in Melbourne leave the organization.

Later, when I undertook a point-by-point analysis of the statements made in the booklet “Jehovah’s Witnesses Answer Questions on Blood”, I discovered that it provided false and misleading information, deliberately misrepresented authorities and facts, and misrepresented quotations. This should make anyone very angry, that the GB was prepared to put people’s lives at peril by deliberately providing information that is less than honest.

One can reason about Chronology, Blood, and so on, but in the end one must come face to face with the manner in which the GB behaves, and how Witnesses are deceived by them.

No wonder the GB is fearful of “independent thinking”!

Fred, be convinced in your own mind. No two people will ever agree on every point (we are not clones), but we should respect one another when we live according to our own genuinely held convictions. When we do this, we should respect one another on that account, using our differences to hone our own thoughts and to trim the fact from our beliefs.

Doug

• Clam
    Clam

Auld Soul - just testing I should've put Why Fear a Death ?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Friends, I too have given this whatever-it-purports-to-be attention. But perhaps it's time to give him/her/it the silent treatment? Just a thought. I will judge no one if they see a need to continue to engage him/her/it.

Nvr

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think this guy is DFED resurrected - same idiotic one line responses that miss the point and miss the logic of the questions. Of course, most all the apologists do that same thing, don't they?

I have been currently sparing with an active Jw on email - with the same level of 2nd grade augumentation and bypassing of the entire point of discussion and sitting straw-men in the corner. Frustrating.

Jeff

• TD
    TD
    It comes down to the character and methods of Jehovah and those like him.

Poor Fred.

What is the antecedent of "IT" in your sentence above?

Please try to communicate complete thoughts. You can do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit