I just got back from my circuit assembly !

by 5go 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free2think
    free2think

That explains alot. I did think they were acting a bit strange, but I can see why now.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    agapa37: So if we are inactive, we need to ask ourselves, have I RESPONDED to the attempts of encouragement or have I been neglected?

And when we ask ourselves this we should also ask, "Have the attempts at encouragement been for me or out of concern for their numbers the next time the Circuit Overseer breezes through town? Are the attempts at 'encouragement' actually for me or only toward meeting attendance and field service—and whose interests are truly served by the latter, God's or an earthly organization's?"

Then we need to honestly admit that if the encouragement is toward fleshly things it is not from God, and move on with our lives.

agapa37, neglect doesn't always equate to being ignored. Neglect can also be in the form of disrespect, which I had heaped upon me in droves by JWs during the year of inactivity that I was trying to get Scriptural answers to some very straightforward questions. I have similarly had a fair share of disrespect from you and other JWs and recently departed JWs.

You are taught to neglect those who refuse to conform to unscriptural man-made laws.

—AuldSoul

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I am not surprised about not talking to us. But my daughter who is still a JW ...called my other daughter ( doesnt go anymore not d/f or d/a) & she asked how I was???????Hasnt done that in YEARS!!!! I must say it pleased me immensly. Just to think she ASKED!!!!!!!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

If anyone is attending this weekend's 2-day assembly, it would be great if they could record it--at least write it down verbatum.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

5g0, the American "market" for converts is exhausted so the most growth is coming from other countries/languages less likely to get anti-WT info. Also, it seems that Americans in general have less interest in religion than Catholic spanish countries, so that makes sense to me.

This is why "foreign language" is such a big deal to the WT right now, it opens up the pool for converts.

Interesting.

• anewme
    anewme

The Edward Gibbons essay on excommunication and its use in the Christian Church was extremely eye opening!
    I had a fainting feeling while reading it! It is of the dark ages of our history, a time when the church leaders were also the governors of the land. Actually it is alive and well in many parts of the earth today!

Darkness! Darkness! Cruelty! Man carrying out God's Revenge!

This is Theocracy in all its forms on earth today. At its root is a hunger for absolute power over mankind.

I know in my heart, my spirit is with those who live in the mountains and forests and who flee from so called Christians and other religious zealots for this very reason.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/120812/1.ashx

Zico's notes from the 2006-2007 Circuit Assembly

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    "The only thing of note no one is to talk to inactive ones exept to invite them to the hall. That includes and was stressed family as well."

Wifey's family has been busy 'shunning' her since about the time I DA'd in October. We assumed it to be a result of my actions. Or perhaps due to the fact that I am 'Public Enemy # 1' in the area now.

But perhaps they had their CA earlier and are just following orders from headquarters?

Just wondered if the brother who gave the talk 'glowed' like Moses when he finished? Or did he just reak of Governing Body Odor?

Jeff

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Before I give my opinion I want to clarify one thing.

Inactives are the ones who have not reported any hours in 6 months. Irregulars are the ones who miss one or two months in field service.

I am inactive because I have been without attending a meeting for almost a year and of course have not put any field service hours. Those who still attend meetings but are irregular are not considered inactive.

I guess that is why no one calls me at all, not even the elders. I just got a visit from an old friend in the congregation. He went to see how we were and didn't talk about anything related to the congregation. I expect that from he and his wife, they are different. But as fas as anybody else is concerned, not one call or visit. I guess that explains it.

But I have to give them the benefit of the doubt, because that information could have been given by someone, just like one member said, who thinks too much of himself and added that for "emphasis". Maybe it wasn't even on the script. But if it were, then that's another "rule" they will all follow blindly, I guess. I don't even get upset anymore, more like dissapointed.

• TopHat
    TopHat

My husband and I ran into a JW friend last week at the bank and he saw me first and was really happy to see me....the three of us chatted for a few minutes about what is going on in our lives....before he left he told us he had a seat waiting for us at 4pm tomorrow....I said what seat is that? I gave him a look...like, I am not going to be there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit