I just got back from my circuit assembly !

by 5go 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Can they run? I'd think it'd be more like ambling or shuffling scared. :)

I'd have to wonder about the inactive thing concerning my family that's still in since I never formally DA'd myself.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'd have to wonder about the inactive thing concerning my family that's still in since I never formally DA'd myself.

Not to worry Sacrificial Loon. They can do that for you.

Nvr

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

They control tooooooooooo much!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    Not to worry Sacrificial Loon. They can do that for you.

How thoughtful of them.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

What scriptural basis is there for shunning inactive members?

Oh, never mind. It's this one: ".... neither fornicators, nor adulterers nor people who are too tired of peddling literature for a hypocritical publishing company will inherit the kingdom..." Yeah, that scripture.

YC

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe the circuit assembly is still 2 days

Special assembly day is only one day.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This makes me think of Bizzarro Superman. It's sort of like the shepherd leaving the 99 sheep to go looking for the lost one and bringing him home, only in reverse. Yes sirree, love never fails, except in Bizzarro Witness Land.

• wokeup
    wokeup

I too suffered thru it with my daughter and her family. The usual invocations to loyality and obedience to the leadership, The D.O. vilifying college in earnest.1914,1914, $5,000 expenses for 574 people to use of the old paid for assemblyhall. An 80 year old publisher who hasn't missed a meeting since 1945. Annonymous life stories of those who gave up 6 figure executive jobs to clean toilets(literally) at the same business in the name of putting first 'kingdom interests'. Jesus was mentioned briefly 5 times in 2 days. One speaker spoke highly about the organization 4 times in his prayer and thanked him for the 'life giving provisions' provided by the'slave'.

It was the dedication/baptism talk which stood out the most. Dedicating oneself, living up to that dedication thru works and associating with the f/s as manditory for salvation .No dedication scriptures cited as a prerequisite to baptism (are there any?) Not one baptism scripture cited. Only scripture was Phil.2:12 The speaker only mentioned Jesus once during the whole talk. Only to say he did NOT play a role in prayer. He was no 'switch board operator'.In his closing prayer closed it with 'thruyoursonandourkingchristjesusweofferthisprayeramen'. (flicker of new 'light'?) John 14:6 null and void?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    The only thing of note no one is to talk to inactive ones

That explains the certified letter I received from my dad awhile back out of the blue...

• VM44
    VM44

The only thing of note no one is to talk to inactive ones exept to invite them to the hall. That includes and was stressed family as well.

What were the scriptural reasons given for this new Watchtower "rule"?

They have never before in the past told people to shun inactive ones. I wonder what new rules they will impose in the future.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit