I just got back from my circuit assembly !

by 5go 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

I enjoyed reading the assembly summary by wokeup, I can see that the manipulation methods haven't changed one bit since the 1980's when I last attended their meetings. Blasting university education (do they fear educated JWs can cause trouble!) and those silly made up self sacrificing stories for the sake of a cult, come on who would be so naive as to get so horribly degraded for the sake of the FDS freaks? To drop from being a well off executive to a toilet cleaner that can barely survive.

• Caine
    Caine

I dont believe this post. Im active enough to know that there was a talk about last week at the theocratic ministry school about how to help inactive ones, and speaking to inactive ones was suggested. They even went as far as to say that you should not be discouraging and say things like "where have you been".

Second point, if there was a new "rule" not to speak to inactive ones this would have come via letter to cong, or in a watchtower, but never at an assembly. This post is false.

• 5go
    5go
    Ok 24 bapt. 2300 max attendance. 1/2 male 1/2 female all but 2 minorities Guess mainly which ? ( hint TEXAS )
    AY CHIHUAHUA!

SI, Senior !!!

• under_believer
    under_believer

There's a saying in the gaming culture. Someone in a forum will make an outlandish claim about their gaming prowess. Someone else will say "screenshots or it didn't happen." In other words, let's see the proof.

In this case, I believe that 5go heard what was heard. But I don't believe it's official. Unless you see it in black and white in an official publication, or unless SEVERAL people, preferably from different countries, report circuit overseers saying it in their talks (indicating that it's part of the CO's Brooklyn-assigned material), it's not real.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

• 5go
    5go
    Second point, if there was a new "rule" not to speak to inactive ones this would have come via letter to cong, or in a watchtower, but never at an assembly. This post is false.

Actualy you can talk to them all you want as long as it is at the hall and the way the D.O. and C.O. made it sound is like that was the way it was supposed to be. I think it was so there would not need to be a letter to wind up on a site like this,( Oh wait I wasn't supposed to be talking to you the whole time.) and we could tear it apart. Now you guys have to get a copy of my friend's recording of the asembly or my mom's notes to get the new light.

• 5go
    5go
    Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Um scan's do I got a scanner but getting the notes from my mom is a little risky.

In this case, I believe that 5go heard what was heard. But I don't believe it's official. Unless you see it in black and white in an official publication, or unless SEVERAL people, preferably from different countries, report circuit overseers saying it in their talks (indicating that it's part of the CO's Brooklyn-assigned material), it's not real.

I think that is the point they don't want it to be thought of as official except to the R&F.

They made it sound like it was already in them. They linked them the Wordly people basicaly even though they the aren't. They pretty much quoted the scrpitures for not asociating with the world. That these brothers are like the world, so treat them like the world.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Reading the posts of how the gb at bethel take care of their own is very disturbing.

It sounds like all the big corporations letting go of the older workers so no compensation is paid for years of service.

Money is the thing they are after.

• calico
    calico
    The only thing of note no one is to talk to inactive ones exept to invite them to the hall.

I'll have to test this!

As long as I have been around the witnesses, it has always been implied to not associate with inactive ones.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    if there was a new "rule" not to speak to inactive ones this would have come via letter to cong, or in a watchtower, but never at an assembly. This post is false.

You can't make this stuff up! I've heard things announced at assemblies that were NEVER in the Watchtower...sometimes CO's or Do's like to add their OWN slant to the outline. You must live in your own JW dreamworld....I wonder why you're posting here?????

Swalker (Never say Never!!!)

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

This is part of something larger though. Like I have said on a previous thread..the WTS is up to something. It's evident in each new change in practice and belief that has been laid out here in recent months. If this is true and JW's are no longer to talk to the inactive then it will seem to them that the GB must be right, that the GT is right around the corner.

They have always believed that one day their preaching would stop and the message would go from "Come in while there's still tine" to "It's too late now suckers"

If this is true then it reenforces my strong suspicion that big changes are in the works for the org. It is clear that the GB is laying the groundwork and has been for some time now. It would be a tragic mistake to assume the GB are a bunch of dottering old idiots out of touch with reality as many of the posters on this board feel.

NEVER underestimate your foe! To do so could have tragic consequences. We all may mutter, groan and complain about the changes coming forth but please, please treat them with all seriousness. Too many among us would just shake their heads and say "What BS will they come up with next" rather than recognize the potential threat.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but right now...I have a bad feeling about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit