Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, the above Revelation quote is not one of the 70 changes.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/117685/3.ashx

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If no one is special, then who do these 24 elders communicate with?

Gary mentioned that they don't discuss FDS in the article. They say "anointed."

They are probably planning to stop using the term FDS more and more. It will
    be replaced by "Governing Body." First, current JW's will have to get used to the
    idea that FDS are virtually gone, and "anointed" in heaven are directing the work,
    sending messages to the two-thirds vote in the Governing Body.

Yes, Gary. The Memorial will shed more light, but also more speculation- which can be fun.
    It's not too fun, because it's so sad that millions will follow the changing doctrine.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Although this is an important (and previsible) change, few JWs will notice it and even less will understand the logical problems it poses to the authority structure, i.e. what does the GB authority ultimately rest on?

In practice, to most of them the source of authority is the "current understanding" as displayed in the Society's literature, period. The WT doesn't really care for the rare individuals who will question further. They are simply "sifted out".

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Ringo5 earlier in this thread posted this quote from a 1970 Awake:

Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Medellín, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many.
    “Tell me,” he asked, “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five years?”

Replace "their church/your church" with the organization, "Catholics" with Witnesses and "the pope and our priests" with GB/DO/CO/Elders and this could be the expression of a thinking witness. Unfortunately very few dubs think this way and to them it will be no big deal about 1935 or who is on the GB. BTW, an interesting article in the WT 7/15/03 - "Think Straight-Act Wisely". I (and my xjw employer) felt at the time some statements in that article could be used to pave the way for a major doctrinal change. Such as:

***w037/15p.22ThinkStraight—ActWisely***In fact, it may be very difficult to give up or even question deeply cherished opinions. Why? Because we become emotionally attached to our views. Then we may deceive ourselves by rationalizing—by manufacturing reasons to justify what are really mistaken and misleading beliefs.
    And if necessary, let us be prepared to abandon even strongly held points of view when it becomes evident that they are mistaken.

Some very interesting thoughts, though, in this thread about future changes this might lead to. I agree with the prediction that they will soon stop counting partakers.

Skeptic1914

• zack
    zack

I've been out of range from Internet service the last few days and imagine my delight at this thread!

"Apostates" are more up to date of WT teachings than any dub I know. I can't imagine any of the

elders on the body I serve with have even read this yet. There are a few who will have their own private questions--

but they will be private.

My sense is that the BIG CHANGE will come in this summers DC talks. What I wish every dub could see through is how

dishonestly everything is handled. If they were HONEST BUT MISTAKEN, they could just say they inhereted a pile of horseshit

from Russel, Rutherford and Franz and are trying to make sense of what they can and discard the rest and what matters is serving God along

with others who love Him and each other. This just shows thier hyprocisy, their hubris.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I have read everyones posts and quotes from all the WT articles and everyone has some very very good points and thoughts, what as shame you are not the writing department, to me this is equivelant to Babyon=Babel in it's purest form!!!!!

In looking maybe a little bit further as to why they would now discredit their superiority over the "Great Crowd" and say that they have no more insight, knowledge, favor or understanding is to sideskirt any possible reprocussions from all the false teachings and conduct that has been allowed from the UN to the pedophiles to DFing. If I were a practicing Witness, I would literally throw up, the constant changing is evidence that there is no need to put any further trust in them as they will most likely change again. They are more unsure of themselves and their teachings than ever. The constant MRIing of the scriptures has turned many away from the Bible,

If the heavenly calling was or is the only thing that was held out until 1931, oops I mean 1935, oops now we don't know, why is than that God has not given us this in a new "inspired" message just the same that he made the changes from the OT to the NT and made it known to all that he was not using the Jews but rather the Christians and the change from no hope but a resurrection to that of life in Heaven?

It is because the Bible after Jesus only offers one hope as Ephesians says, just the same as there is only one Lord and One Baptism.

This is nothing more than DAMAGE CONTROL for all their failed prophecies and this is EXACTLY what the Bible says we must "Get our of her my people" just as I started my post as Babel or Babylon the Great. They are back peddling to save themselves and perpetuate the longevity of the organization. If God and Christ are not shaking their heads in Heaven then no one is.

abr

• Mary
    Mary
    How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged.

OK, this is my take on this: The Organization has always "officially" said that if someone wants to partake of the emblems, that's between them and Jehovah. Unofficially though, unless that person was baptized before 1936, they are viewed with extreme suspicion unless they're a DO or CO. Then they're probably viewed as a "replacement". However, if Brother or Sister R&F who was baptized in 1965 decide to start partaking, they WILL be talked about and probably not in a very nice way.

However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights," beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have.

At first glance, this part almost seems like they're admitting that they----the Governing Body---- are nothing special and have no "special insights" from God. However, I do not believe they're admitting this for themselves. It's being applied to any 'annointed' ones outside of the Governing Body, which would include any newbies who decide to start partaking. Officially, the F&DS is supposed to be made up of all annointed ones. We know full well that's that's not the way things work. The GB never ask any annointed ones outside their own little group, about their views or interpretations on anything biblical. To me, this is nothing more than a slick ploy to try and show that any newbies that start partaking, should not be treated any differently than they were before. There's no way they're applying this to themselves, because there is no group of people on the face of the earth (except maybe Paris Hilton and Brittney Spears) who deman special attention, like the Governing Body does.

They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation. They humbly remember that some anointed men in the first century did not qualify to serve as elders or ministerial servants. (1 Timothy 3:1-10, 12, 13; Titus 1:5-9; James 3:1) Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) And sisters, althought anointed, did not teach in the congregation.- 1 Timothy 2:11, 12

Once again, I believe they're applying this directly to those who have in the last 10 - 20 years, started partaking of the emblems. It's the only way they can try and keep control of this particular situation, because one member who claims to be of the annointed might be quite outspoken as to why his opinion is not being taken into consideration for organizational matters.

Hence, anointed Christians along with their other sheep companions strive to stay spiritually strong, cultivating the fruitage of the spirit and working for the peace of the congregation. All Christians, whether anointed or of the other sheep, work hard at preaching the good news and making disciples under the direction of the Governing Body. Anointed Christians are content to do this for as long as it is God's will that they remain on earth as Jehovah's servants.

It seems to me that they're not really opening up the way for others to openly take the emblems, but rather, they are attempting to distance the Governing Body members from your every-day 'annointed', by elevating them to be on equal footing with Jesus , just as I mentioned in another thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/129061/1.ashx

It is possible that they're doing this for when they have no choice but to appoint non-annointed ones to the GB down the road. In a nutshell, it seems like they're saying that all non-Governing Body annointed ones should be treated no differently than the R&F. At the same time, you must obey the Governing Body members the same as you would obey Christ. Once again, I think it's a matter of putting themselves on equal footing with God, while at the same time, keeping everyone else down in the gutter.

Carla said: Will the average jw even notice this?

Probably not. But thank God us 'postates are 'paying close attention'.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here's the basic problem that's confronting the Society today. The Jonadabs, aka, the great crowd (living and serving in 1935) would never die. Like the 1914 generation that passed away, the 1935 generation has also all but passed away without fulfillment of rewards promised in exchange for years of faithful service.

This is the prophecy that the change(s) are correcting.

YEAR BOOK of
    Jehovah's Witnesses
    For 1936

Jesus at the temple, has made known to those devoted
    to him that the "great multitude" is not a company
    of spirit creatures that will have their eternal habitation
    in heaven; but that the "great multitude" and
    the Jonadabs are one and the same class. (p.16)

Thus the Jonadabs join with Jehovah?s witnesses
    in informing the people that the water of life,
    which flows from the throne of God, is free to all who
    will conform themselves to the rules of the Lord's
    kingdom. To the Jonadabs, or great multitude, the
    promise of the Lord is that if they continue faithful
    (p.18)

they may be hid during the time of Armageddon and
    pass through that time of great tribulation, and live
    for ever on earth, and never die. (p.19)

• garybuss
    garybuss

The statement that there are defective anointed is new to me. Initially only the anointed were called Jehovah's witnesses and the great crowd of Jonadabs were the people of good will. Meetings were usually only conducted by the anointed. Jonadabs were not Jehovah's witnesses.

Only if there were no anointed of the suitable class could a Jonadab conduct a meeting and then by script from headquarters. That's where the scripted meetings originated and as anointed died off, all meetings were scripted because the remaining anointed were at headquarters directing the meetings by print and policy.

YEAR BOOK of
    Jehovah's Witnesses
    For 1936

Where no suitable person of the anointed is had,
    then let the Jonadabs organize their own meetings
    and let their studies be conducted under the
    direction of the office at headquarters. (p.79)

• uriah
    uriah

I see we have a prophet amongst us. LEGOLAS!! His (I assume a his) post reproduced is dated 2006, jun or july - I can't go back at this point - should have written it down. Maybe Legolas is in commune with the 24 elders and should be on the GB. Hail Legolas. See page 2 of this post and a few posts down. Hail Legolas - remember me when you get into your kingdom and that it was me who brought to the attention of the posters your prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit