Ban on Jeans , T-Shirts & Shorts after the Convention

by dozy 85 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello OTWO and Zack,

They are quickly becoming totally irrelevant to everyone but the most die-hard dubs.

Nvr

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They are quickly becoming totally irrelevant to everyone but the most die-hard dubs.

Yes. This is working for me. My wife and mother are NOT the most die-hard dubs.

They are able to question (and occasionally break) the rules. It's great.
    We have gone to assemblies and ate at a restaurant (gasp) during lunch, along with
    scores of other JW's. I have gotten the wife to miss meetings while on vacation
    (sometimes).
    These guys in the ivory tower really are caught up in their own BS.

I am sure they (JW elders) noticed it, but I didn't even wear the badge this past summer. I never
    wear a suit anymore (to any meetings), just dockers, button-up shirt, tie, comfortable (not dressy) shoes.
    I am always prepared to say to the person who points it out, "If I am not prominent-looking enough for you,
    I will gladly sit in the back." It hasn't come up yet.

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze, I can remember when they WANTED us to wear T-shirts n' sech, to advertise that we were Dubs......Look at these fine young Christians at an assembly in the early '70s:

StayAlive.gif

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Wearing a dress is similar to being raped to me.

yup...all rape victims agree on this

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    LOL@Suit and tie. I remember seeing this one girl get baptized in a dress at this one convention. As soon as she got baptized in the dress, her panties came off. It was the most hillarious moment for me when I was 14.

Uhh...how the deuce can you get baptized in a dress?? Wow, that is some extremism, no doubt...

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006
    For the first time since I've been out of the org (2 1/2 years now) I got a shiver and the heebie-jeebies from reading that stuff from the Kingdom Ministry. For a horrifying half-second, I was back in those awful Kingdom Hall chairs, listening to that tripe being read to me from the platform, and I was seeing myself saying, "yes, I'll obey". *shudder*

Boy, I felt the same way, Dave.

The zombie dress code. I always took my badge off...I hate to stand out.

Sounds like they have some new stuff to start d'fing people with. Sister Freegirl, we think you are unrepentant in your sins toward the congregation. You wore jeans and a tank top in your hotel room after the convention. Barf & gag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit