don't worry, they are mad!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    What would JESUS wear to a post assembly gathering
    A beard.

and arran knitwear

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I guess the "subtle" suggestions to always wear your badge weren't being followed. I'm actually glad they've put this in writing because it shows just how unreasonable and out of touch the GB is. Its funny, but even when leaving straight from the convention site to go to dinner, I always ditched my badge and tie. Most folks change because they've been in dress clothes all day and its hot outside.

In some cases, this backfires because last year (I live in a convention city) we went out to dinner after the DC (after going home to change first!!!) and saw a huge group of JWs with their badges. The wait was long and they were hanging out in the bar having drinks. But, they were getting a bit loud and caught the attention of some. Where I live, its pretty conservative and many are tee-totalers so to see a group of folks coming from a religious convention and then drinking at the bar didn't go over very well.

Isn't it sad that you can NEVER relax. Its all about the corporate image.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The last convention talk on dress emphasized the evils of SLOGAN CLOTHING. I imagine SLOGAN CLOTHING is a big problem here in Canada.

• blondie
    blondie

I suppose there that when they say suits must be worn in the pool, that it will take on a different meaning.

• undercover
    undercover
    "Even during leisure time , such as when going out to eat after the programme , we should dress as befits ministers... and should not wear such clothing as jeans , shorts or T-shirts . What a witness this will give to the community."

I couldn't help but notice this:

we should dress as befits ministers... and should not wear

I'd like to see the rest of the quote to get the complete context. It doesn't change the control factor of the WTS, but the way it's worded here it comes across nothing short of a command. I wonder if the complete text would change it to more of a suggestion?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Dozy,

Thanks again, for keeping us up to speed on the JW goings-on. Ridiculous edicts like that must be making you a bit crazy. Is it time to walk the plank?

Dismembered

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

That _is_ a ridiculous requirement being imposed on all of the JWs... I can just see the next 'quick-build'... men in suits and ties... women in dresses, hose and heels.

"What would JESUS wear to a post assembly gathering"

*chants* TOGA... TOGA... TOGA... (mentals Animal House Toga party)

Regards,

Jim TX

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Many people that go to conventions have to take the only time they can get off work for this. They incorporate vacation and convention. After a long day at convention......its really nice to get cleaned up and put on something comfortable and have a nice dinner........that is on my time and that I am paying for.

I will never forget going to a Southern Baptist Church in the wintertime and part of the serman was on dress. The preacher said that good girls wear one piece bathing suits and bad girls wore bikinis. ?????

When going to an international convention, one is not allowed to wear jeans, khakis are ok, Maybe someone has the dresscode for going to an international convention? I don't know all the particulars.

The messages that form in childrens minds about clothing baffles me. The best criminals wear suits.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit