Ban on Jeans , T-Shirts & Shorts after the Convention

by dozy 85 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Is this thread implying that Jehovah is a third party beneficiary to a pair of long pants?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This is just rich.

You know, when I was a self-righteous moralistic 22 year old newbie dub, I would have been like, RIGHT ON! I saw Sister so-and-so after the program last year wearing TIGHT RAGGEDY JEANS and a TANK TOP that drew attention to her BOOBIES! What a terrible witness it was!! It's a good thing they're really laying down the law this year!!!

This organization is run by dry old men who never got past their overly self-righteous moralistic young man phase. Never grew one inch beyond that. Jeesh.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Swimming in a shirt and tie...my idea of fun. NOT!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Clam:

The WTS are nuts and out of touch.

What else needs to be said?

FMW: That's the most beautiful beach scene I've ever seen. It made me cry.

Jim TX: I think you're referring to Pentecostals not Presbyterians.

Love and respect and jeans and t-shirts,

Nvr

• ringo5
    ringo5

Guess that means these would be

a no-no?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I remember in the bad old days as a married Mini, my then wife picked me up after work (very casual dress) and we drove to her mother's DA, me thinking my x had put MY bag in the car too, as it was all ready to go when I left home.

Go there and discover my suit is 250 miles away and all I have is very casual clothes.

It just so happned there was a coach put on by the local Congo to take us to the DA. The 'elder on board' (from a totally different Congo) leapt to the conclusion I was a back-slider when I got on bsoard in jeans and T... it was SO embaressing he Lwas almost praying in the aisle that Jehober help me...

Typical rule-based moronitude... look at the outside! I have a suit! I am good!

• zack
    zack

I Love IT!.. I don't think they should stop there, however. I think they should beat the drum against high heels, against NOT wearing hose in summer/spring, I think they

should ban any sandals or foot wear that exposes the toes, and ban all make up and jewelry. Make it all part of God's sacred commandments. That way they can really piss off the

women, and it is the women who are the backbone of this cult.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Zack,

There are a number of COs that do firmly oppose the following:

against NOT wearing hose in summer/spring, I think they

should ban any sandals or foot wear that exposes the toes

Nvr

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with Zack. I enjoy them putting more pressure on drones to conform.
    That way, it virtually guarantees that youths question it or rebel against it, and
    it causes worldly people to steer clear of it.

It just makes me sad at the same time, that good people follow it.

• Clam
    Clam
    I love how they have a hotline to heaven. "Jehovah will not be pleased."

Quite!

GB Member - Jehovah is there any new light this week?

Jehovah: Urmm - no not really.

GB Member - Not just a little one?

Jehovah: Oh ok - hang on. Ah here's one. Tell them to make sure they're not wearing Jeans, T-Shirts and Shorts after the Conventions. I hate that! So common. I always hated it when my son walked around in bloody sandals. . ..

GB Member (interrupting) Ok that's great. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit