Ban on Jeans , T-Shirts & Shorts after the Convention

by dozy 85 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I love how they have a hotline to heaven. "Jehovah will not be pleased." Hmmmm so can you imagine a conversation with God and those old boys in Bethel. Of all the things you would like to speak to and ask God, but all you can come up with is...."Jehovah is it proper for your people to wear jeans, T-shirts, and forget their badges when they go to eat?" In the big picture it is sooooooooooooo petty it is just laughable.

Leslie

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'd like to see some of those GB members dress up in hose and heels for a picnic.

Nana ...

Actually the thought of Ted Jaracz in drag brought a smile to my face.

Rub a Dub

• undercover
    undercover

It almost makes me want to go to the convention this year and bring some of my favorite faded out jeans and rock concert or biker t-shirts to wear after the session's over...

...almost

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    For the first time since I've been out of the org (2 1/2 years now) I got a shiver and the heebie-jeebies from reading that stuff from the Kingdom Ministry. For a horrifying half-second, I was back in those awful Kingdom Hall chairs, listening to that tripe being read to me from the platform, and I was seeing myself saying, "yes, I'll obey". *shudder*

Free at last...

Dave

Thats how I felt........It has hung with me the entire day...........bothered me all day.

purps

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

LOL@Suit and tie. I remember seeing this one girl get baptized in a dress at this one convention. As soon as she got baptized in the dress, her panties came off. It was the most hillarious moment for me when I was 14.

• searching99
    searching99

you can tell this has hit a spot! i keep hearing this in my head "this is part of the sifting work. he that is faithful in small things will be faithful in all". is this true? maybe it is. i can't live like that. it's why i never felt "good enough". i couldn't be "perfect".

• shadow
    shadow

Anyone recall the story about Franz and the "Where in the hell is McCook Nebraska?" shirt??

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Searching:"Perfectly" hot and bothered in a suit on a nice day.

That isn't perfection, its hell on earth!!!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Things could get a bit whiffy if they have to be stuck in a suit all day AND all night in summer!I hope they pack plenty of deodorant!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The stink of sweaty bodies packed together and burning in the sun is like one of the temple sacrifices:

A sweet smelling odor to the GB.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit