If the bible is from God then explain this!

by Anti-Christ 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

There are MANY sources of light other than our tiny sun! God used light from another source.
    ************************************************************************************************************

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
    GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.
    The account shows the area where God created Eden was devoid of food- bearing plants
    before the garden was formed. Not the ridiculous claim above.

Yes the are other source of light but read it again the earth was created before the sun and stars and the plants before the sun. Now what scientific fact supports that? Now read Gen.2:5 it's clear, on the EARTH not the garden, no plants.

God IS Love personified- but, as summed up in Psalm 97:10- He loves what is Good & Hates what is bad!
    Especially when He sees the Wicked harming the innocent! His Anger is Righteous

Ok, I give you that one.

GE 11:26 Terah was 70 years old when his son Abram was born.
    GE 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he died (making Abram 135 at the time).
    Lifespans were longer at that time.
    GE 12:4, AC 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left Haran. This was after Terah died. Thus, Terah could
    have been no more than 145 when he died; or Abram was only 75 years old after he had lived 135 years.
    The account shows Terah died at the age of 205!

Sorry dude but you din't get that one. Ac 7:4 Abram left Haran AFTER TERAH DIED but in Ge 12:4 Abram left Haran he was 75. Now do the math.

The King of Moab, Eglon was referred to at 4:21, not Sisera! What an idiot this writer was.

We must not have te same bible. Read it again and it's Sisra not Eglon.

The census was something David had come up with on his own, when he was starting to become arrogant.
    It had nothing to do with any command from God.

Come on man, God did command him not to have a census and 70 000 men died for it.(even if it was David's sin)

Getting drunk doesn't make you Evil- sometimes the best people have made that mistake.
    His daughters got him drunk, and carried out their desire-not Lot.

But Lot's wife died for much less and God distroyed two citys for sexuel impurity.

This is the only one that appears a genuine contradiction- research shows that Joseph was Heli's son -in-LAW by
    taking Mary as wife; geneology doesn't specifiy between literal sons and son-in-laws

So your saying that the customs of the time influence the writer of this verse? I thought it was God.

The confusion here comes from the phony Church Dogma of Jesus being a newborn in a manger when the Wise Men/Astrologers are led
    by the Star (from Satan).

The account in Matthew has many details showing this was AFTER the account in Luke 2. Jesus is no longer
    referred to as a babe- but as a young child. Herod has all the boys in that region from 2 years old to newborns, just in case. Jesus, Mary and

their child are living in a house. And there's more, if you want to look into the historical details of the Roman Rulers mentioned.
    The account in Luke is related what happened at his birth- BEFORE Herod, the astrologers, and the slaughter- and Egypt.

The confusion is from the bible. Matt.2:22 Joseph does not return to Judea (for at least 12 years, the son of Herod ruled for 12years.I did some historical research on this. )but in Luke we can read that Mary and Joseph return to Jerusalem year after year. Also Jesus was 12 in the story of Luke, do the math it does not ad up.

There may be contradictions SOMEWHERE in the Bible- but it sure ain't THESE!
  • Mad
    Mad

Wow, Nvr!

That's terrible you went thru that, however, it sounds like you've teurned out stronger! Sounds to me He has a plan for you; it is rarely apparent right away! There have been times when it would SEEM He didn't answer my prayer...then slowly, but surely- everything started falling into place! But there are 3 areas I've been waiting YEARS for where I've received no PERCEPTABLE help, yet in view of all the MANY times He helped- several simply could NOT have been cooincidence of ANY kind- I will just wait to find out!

Do you REALLY think that when you & I die- that'll be the end of the story? You KNOW deep down inside that this Incredible Universe is no accident- no matter HOW much the authorities market it as "fact"! Don't you, Nrv?

Agape,

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Spaz writes: "If all things are possible with God, then why does it HAVE to be that way? If his creation is so bad and God is capable of bringing people to things like perfection and immortality, then I don't understand why God can't/wouldn't just FIX the people he so detests, rather than DESTROYING them. If God is love, and everything the bible says about love, then wouldn't that be preferable?"

Mad writes: My illustrations are nowhere near as fitting as Christ's, S, so please humor me a little! A story from the old show "Leave It to Beaver" illustrates the point: Beaver was going to the prom for the 1st time. and his buddy says neither he nor the others boys are going to wear a tux. (Shows you how old the show is; it was in the days when kids were taught to look & act good!). His mom & dad get very upset with him- but can't get thru, so his dad gives him the OK, later driving him to the prom. Stepping into the auditorium, Beaver sees everyone wearing a tux- even his best friend, who gives him excuses why he ended up wearing one. Humiliated, Beaver slinks out, ending up in the parking lot- where he sees his dad smiling & leaning against the car. "Gee, you were RIGHT, dad- I should've listened to you." His dad says, "I'm glad to hear that son. Still want this?", sliding out a tux from the back seat. "And HOW, dad! Thank you SO much!", Beaver exclaimed, hugging his dad.

Sometimes, you HAVE to learn the hard way- and that is how mankind is learning! They are learning the folly of setting up their own way of ruling & living that is so selfish, so ignorant! When the Appointed Time comes, not one person in heaven or earth will be able to say God's rules were selfish, or that they could figure out how to manage society...

Mad

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Sometimes, you HAVE to learn the hard way- and that is how mankind is learning! They are learning the folly of setting up their own way of ruling & living that is so selfish, so ignorant!

After thousands of years with a body count in the billions, they sure are sloooooooow learners.

• Mad
    Mad

LtCmd wrote: "I have no problem with god killing wicked people. But what about the people that weren't wicked that died in the flood for example? Like the children... are you telling me that every single child, even the ones under age 10 was evil enough to die? (And the animals too I suppose, but I frankly don't care much about them.)

And, if they must die, then why be so violent about it? Surely an all powerfull god could find a much nicer way to kill people than with a flood. That would be a slow and terrifying death. (As mothers carried their little children up a steep mountain, trying to climb faster than the rising water, only to reach the top exhausted and realize that the water is still rising, the mother tries to swim, carrying her dying toddler through the water, only to drown after a long battle for their lives.)

If I had the power, and I HAD to kill people, it would be a quick and painless death. (Plus I'm sure Noah wouldn't have minded being saved the trouble of building an ark.)

LtCmd.Lore

Mad writes: That is one I can't answer- except that the account says the earth was FILLED with evil violence- and few realize that with the liefspan of that age- where many lived to 900+ years old- the population could have been as large as it is NOW! How many millions of babies, young boys & girls- many of them Nephilim- would Noah have had to care for....and look at how most children have the attitude & bend of their parents (barring getting into mischief)...

Ther are many things NOT answered in the Bible, it's the things it DOES answer that are signifigant, my friend!

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Anti wrote:"Something I think you will enjoy. "In the fundamentalist view, unbelievers have only two relevant attributes: They are potential converts and sources of temptation. As objects of evangelism, they are called 'crops to be harvested,' 'sheep to be found,' and 'fish to be netted.' Because of the danger of worldly influence (much like a contagious disease), relationships with 'them' must be handled gingerly. Contacts must be superficial, geared toward evangelism only, and cut short if there is not a positive response. Since Christians are already full of truth, there is no need for them to listen, nothing for them to learn, and much for them to lose by admitting alternative views into their consciousness." Marlene Winell, Leaving the Fold (Oakland, CA: New Harbinger, 1993), pp. 76-77. "

Mad writes: Nothing to enjoy, Anti- that is one Ugly Truth- in most cases! There DOES happen to be a True Christian that looks at them as they are: a fellow human to at least befriend, encourage & help- regardless as to weteher they have an interest in God or not. If not, however, please remember there will be few things in commom....

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good to hear from you Mad!

RE:

Do you REALLY think that when you & I die- that'll be the end of the story? You KNOW deep down inside that this Incredible Universe is no accident- no matter HOW much the authorities market it as "fact"! Don't you, Nrv?

I'm very careful not to be dogmatic about the matter. I hope I made it pretty clear that I feel unsure about God's existence and true identity. I am sure of one thing. If I make good decisions on a reasonably consistent basis I enjoy a reasonable degree of success. If I do the opposite, I get the opposite result. In other words, I've got to carry on. And I'm doing just that. Jehovah, if He exists and cares and that is His name in the English tongue, knows better than anyone what I've seen in my short life and why I feel the way I do about things. I would humbly welcome any illumination He would throw my way. I just lost any and all confidence that such illumination could come from the arrogant and out-of-touch Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm not angry and bitter, I'm hurt and disappointed.

Love and respect,

Nvr

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    LtCMD wrote: "I cannot prove that god does not exist. But I'm pretty sure you can't prove fairies exist." Mad writes: I CAN prove God exists! Interested?

(I messed up and left out the word 'don't', I meant to say that 'I'm pretty sure you can't prove fairies DON'T exist'... Since, "You can't prove god doesn't exist" , is an extremely common 'proof' of gods existence... Don't worry I know you don't believe in fairies.)

Anyways, I'm a little bit interested. But, as I said I was raised a Jehovahs Witness so I've heard most arguments for gods existence a thousand times before, plus I'd rather if this thread stayed on topic. Feel free to start a new thread about it though.

Mad writes: That is one I can't answer- except that the account says the earth was FILLED with evil violence- and few realize that with the liefspan of that age- where many lived to 900+ years old- the population could have been as large as it is NOW! How many millions of babies, young boys & girls- many of them Nephilim- would Noah have had to care for....and look at how most children have the attitude & bend of their parents (barring getting into mischief)...

Ditch the animals and open a nursery. It would probably have been easier to take care of millions of mutant toddlers than millions of full-grown wild animals. But the point is valid, children would have been a lot of work, for decades after the flood.

But I don't think they should be considered hopelessly evil just because their parents were, there are dozens of examples in the Bible of children who became extremely good, despite their extremely bad parents. (Take king Josia for example. Or King Saul's son... can't remember his name though.) So unless god can read the heart of a 1 year old and know that it will be evil for it's entire life. (Which would defeat the theory of free will. And therefore make your whole life practically meaningless.) Then killing babies is still killing babies no matter who does it. (You've probably realized by now that this is an issue that used to really bother me when I was a believer.)

And I still can't imagine why god wouldn't have simply snapped his (figurative) fingers and killed them instantly. According to our imperfect/evil human laws, in America a person is given a lethal injection as a death sentence... They even rub alcohol on their arm first!

LtCmd.Lore

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Mad: So, destroying people is "managing society"? I'm not sure that answers my question about all things being possible with God and yet he supposedly chooses mass slaughter over say mass correcting. How is that any different from how humans have been "running things"? Thanks for your reply.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    The account shows that God CONTINUED to add to the animal kingdom after creating Adam,
    NOT the ridiculous implication above.
    Genesis 2:19 (King James Version) 19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit