If the bible is from God then explain this!

by Anti-Christ 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    The weirdess thing is I never noticed these verses when I was a active jw.

Right, and then of course even if you do notice, the brainwashing kicks in and you just ignore it: 'Who am I to question god, maybe it'll be explained in a magazine soon.' or: 'I'm sure god had a good reason.' or: 'That can't be what it really means... otherwise someone else would have noticed it by now.' (That last one was my problem up till two years ago.)

But they explain it away... I think there was a watchtower article about the curse god put on Israel because of David. They acctualy said that it was not unjust for god to do this, because all those people were imperfect and therefore didn't have any special right to live. I'll see if I can find the quote. But WTH?! What horrible depravity could god possibly commit to make people stop saying he's a just god? You name it and he's probably done it.

LtCmd.Lore

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Anti- do you want to see if there is a possibility that there is sense in those verses- or are you just wanting to ridicule the Bible for reasons only you would know?

Sure, enlighten why it's acceptable to require genocide, with the express orders to show no mercy...

Explain why it's okay to punish a child for the sins of his father.

Tell us how you justify a god who tells his followers to 1. kill a girls family, 2. force her to marry him and have sex with him, and then 3. if the sex isn't good enough, divorce her unconditionaly leaving her homeless, without a family or friend, and without her virginity that she was saving all her life for the 'right man'.

If you have an answer then by all means, answer. But an ad hominin attack on the motives of the people who point out injustice hardly counts as an answer.

(When the opponent resorts to insults, you know you've won.)

Oh and here's the quote from the watchtower:

***w693/15p.191QuestionsFromReaders***

As a punishment for this sin Jehovah brought three days of pestilence that killed 70,000 Israelites. (2 Sam. 24:12-16) Was that unjust? Were 70,000 innocent people dying for the king’s error? The Bible plainly shows that we all are sinners deserving of death; it is only by God’s undeserved kindness that we live. (Rom. 3:23; 6:23; Lam. 3:22, 23) So those who died had no special "right" to life. Additionally, can any human today say for sure that those 70,000 were not guilty of some serious sin not mentioned in the historical record?

I highly reccomend you read the whole article if you happen to have the WT CD... they outright admit they don't know why the census was a sin, and the whole thing is an isult to humanity. Then they go on to explain how just god was in the past, so therefore he couldn't possibly do anything wrong now!

________

One more thing... just something I was thinking of recently: remember when the Israelites built the golden calf? They did this WHILE the law against it was being made... so they couldn't have known it was a sin, since they didn't even have the rules yet. After several hundred years in egyptian captivity, and with no laws against it before that even, how the heck were they supposed to know NOT to build an idol? Where they just supposed to go without worshipping god for over a month? But they were punished for it anyway.

Kind of like choosing an 8:00 bedtime for your children at midnite, and then punishing them for being up 4 hours late while you made the decision... (Except with a death penalty of course.)

LtCmd.Lore

(Deuteronomy 32:4) 4 The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; Righteous and upright is he.

• DJK
    DJK

So, you come here attempting to steal away our beloved murderous tribal god.

You left out perverted.

God created man in his own image. No batteries needed, No assembly required, Flaws included!!

• Mad
    Mad

LOLOLOLO! I have no desire to justify ANYTHING- nor explain anything to you, LtC. I was asking Antichrist.

Mad

• misocup
    misocup

Men wrote the bible then claimed divine inspiration.

Here's one:

The mormons believe that Joseph Smith translated the book of Mormon from invisible golden tablets that only he could see and coincidently only he could translate.

Uh what?

• misocup
    misocup
    to ridicule the Bible for reasons only you would know?

Ridicule the bible? The bible is only a book. Why not???

• misocup
    misocup

So, you come here attempting to steal away our beloved murderous tribal god.

You left out perverted.

God created man in his own image. No batteries needed, No assembly required, Flaws included!!

And the killing didn't stop there. The bible only teaches murder, retribution, rape, disrespect towards women, children, the innocent.

How many people died at the hands of the inquisitioners? Or when the church wanted to spread the "word" using smallpox laced blankets. The God of the bible is a genocidal maniac.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

According to the WT, God, "in his wisdom" is also responsible for sin:

"For the creation was subjected to futility [being born in sin and with death facing all], not by its own will [the children of Adam were brought into the world facing this situation, though they themselves had no control over what Adam had done, and by no choice of their own] but through him [God, in his wisdom] that subjected it, on the basis of hope that the creation itself also will be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God."

So God subjected everyone to imperfection and death so that "on the basis of hope" everyone might be set free from imperfection and death. So in other words, I'm going to let everyone freeze to death outside, on the hope that a few figure out how to warm themselves and get inside my house.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

LOLOLOLO! I have no desire to justify ANYTHING- nor explain anything to you, LtC. I was asking Antichrist.

Mad

I'm not antichrist. Do I not qualify to hear your explanation of why God was so violent in the old testament either? Me thinks your reticence has more to do with you not having a clue as to why he comes off as such a bloodthirsty monster than that the wrong person asked for your opinion.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome Anti-Christ.

The bible is nothing more than a collection of stories and fables written by, and collected by, men.

A fairy tale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit